How would you raise your kids differently? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How would you raise your kids differently?

Go down 
+3
RedBedroom
Forgiveness Man
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

How would you raise your kids differently? Empty
PostSubject: How would you raise your kids differently?   How would you raise your kids differently? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:09 pm

If you have kids or if you DID have kids, how would you raise them differently from how you were raised?

I wouldn't raise my kids to be afraid of so much, or to be so narrow minded about so many things, and if they had an interest in something, I wouldn't let the fact that I didn't like it be the deciding factor in the matter.

How about everybody else?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: How would you raise your kids differently?   How would you raise your kids differently? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:13 pm

I can't say I'd raise 'em too differently. I might be a little more available to them and try to yell at them less. There are little things here and there I'd do. But I don't think it would be radically different.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: How would you raise your kids differently?   How would you raise your kids differently? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 9:00 pm

The hugest thing that I do differently with my son is that I teach him so much. My parents never taught me basic things. I had to figure out so much on my own because my questions were mostly always brushed off.

It doesn't matter what he asks me, I find out how to explain it, even if I don't know the answer myself.

Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: How would you raise your kids differently?   How would you raise your kids differently? EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 1:26 pm

My parents were awesome. My biggest fear is that I won't be able to do nearly as good a job. They encouraged us and supporting us and have always been there for us. When I was a kid, my friends would sit around complaining about their parents, and I'd wrack my brain, trying to come up with something. I was really into dancing as a kid and my Mom spent hours sewing my different costumes while my Dad spent hours with my brother on the courts and travelling to tournaments.
Back to top Go down
RiteDiva
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
RiteDiva

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: How would you raise your kids differently?   How would you raise your kids differently? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:59 am

I would keep them on a shorter leash than the one my parents had me on.
I was really a free spirited child and got to do more than I probably should have.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: How would you raise your kids differently?   How would you raise your kids differently? EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:03 pm

I'm not as strict as my own parents were. I try my best to be 'fair,' not a push over, certain things my kid will never get away with, but fair. My own parents were pretty uptight and overbearing as I was growing up; sometimes it was like pulling teeth to get them to let me do the most basic of things. As a result, my older sister grew up repressed and I grew up being naive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: How would you raise your kids differently?   How would you raise your kids differently? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:56 am

I wouldn't be as overbearing and would encourage them to have more individuality (me, my sibs and cousins were all raised with more of a GROUP mentality because we come from a huge family. I want my kids to come up with their own ideas and pursuits).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would you raise your kids differently?   How would you raise your kids differently? Empty

Back to top Go down

How would you raise your kids differently?
Page 1 of 1