When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient

Go down 
+5
Cheaps
Alan Smithee
Shale
Tony Marino
Marc™
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient Empty
PostSubject: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Am I the only one who finds this silly? When someone goes out of their way to list every aspect of their lineage, no matter how small it is compared to the more dominate. Basically those Tiger Woods types that wanna make sure every strain gets counted.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Lets see......I have Italian, Scicilian, Calabrese, Napoletano....oh sorry big grin
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:16 pm

I understand that in Tiger's case the Chinese is quite prominent. I know the big "we black folks got dumped" reaction to his acknowledging his entire lineage - but that is a fact and is his right. I support him on it.

Now, I am actually part Choctaw but you would be hard pressed to see it in all the majority European features (No Choctaw relative had this much curly hair all over their body). But, it is there (I think 1/62 since my great-great grandfather Charlie Crane). Still, it is part of my lineage that I know about. (I suspect there could be black somewhere but the family was good about covering that).
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
Lets see......I have Italian, Scicilian, Calabrese, Napoletano....oh sorry big grin

In other words, ITALIAN!

I know those little, apparently insignificant differences probably are quite important to some families. My best bud in HS, Tom Licavoli was actually from a Sicilian family, tho the shorthand version is always Italian.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 2:32 pm

I don't pay them any mind because it doesn't concern me.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
I don't pay them any mind because it doesn't concern me.

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:02 pm

I just call out what my parents are. Black (AA) dad, white (polish) mom. If I dug deeper, and went multiple generations back, I could extract some additional ethnic ingredients here and there, but I'm not interested in detailing my complete family tree whenever I casually describe myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:15 pm

Chris wrote:
I just call out what my parents are. Black (AA) dad, white (polish) mom. ...

So! Are you black or white?

Srsly, tho I have to point out to all these ppl who keep sayin' that Obama is the first 'black' prez. Uh, his mama don't count?
blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 pm

Shale wrote:

Srsly, tho I have to point out to all these ppl who keep sayin' that Obama is the first 'black' prez. Uh, his mama don't count?
blank stare @ you

Obama calls himself black. In a crowd of white people, he stands out. In a crowd of black people, not so much. At a certain point letting the more dominate genes call shotgun makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:24 pm

Shale wrote:

blank stare @ you

She didn't in the Jim Crow south did she? If he couldn't use that drinking fountain or eat at that lunch counter I don't see why all of a sudden it's an issue to call him "black". blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:29 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
She didn't in the Jim Crow south did she?

Actually, I used the prez to push a point during all that bullshit about him being born in the US - He couldn't have legally been born in Florida (or the rest of Dixie). His mom and dad couldn't legally live here in the sixties before '67.
Back to top Go down
Suzi
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Suzi

Female
Rep : 85

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 7:50 pm

I don't bother much with the Heinz 57 varieties, because there are so many. My mother was French born in France, after that though there is such a mix that who knows for sure. My grandmother claimed Pennsylvania Dutch, I found out later that German became Pennsylvania Dutch during the first world war. I will say that her mother a Foglesong married a Bruin (changed to Brown) so she might not have had a great deal of a mix. Grandpa had English for sure and maybe Mohican Indian along with what ever else got mixed in, he never actually knew other than he would have inherited a Lordship if he had lived in England. He hated that and never told anyone, but his relatives spilled the beans. My kids have even more of a mix, as my husband has German, Irish , Scots, and some others that his mother didn't want to admit to.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

She didn't in the Jim Crow south did she? If he couldn't use that drinking fountain or eat at that lunch counter I don't see why all of a sudden it's an issue to call him "black". When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient 729904

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm black. But I got Indian in my family. Really.....I do. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient   When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient Empty

Back to top Go down

When People Go Out of Their Way to "Claim" Every Racial/Ethnic Ingredient
Page 1 of 1