Racial Preferences in dating. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Racial Preferences in dating.

Go down 
+13
RedBedroom
stonestatic
JM130ELM
kinetic
Marc™
Wadsworth
mindfuck
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Jason B.
AtownPeep
FightSleep
SkwirtB
17 posters
AuthorMessage
SkwirtB
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
SkwirtB

Male
Rep : 6

Racial Preferences in dating. Empty
PostSubject: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptySun May 30, 2010 5:42 pm

What do you think when people say I'm only attracted to [insert race here] or I'm not attracted to [insert race here]...is it another form of racism?
Back to top Go down
FightSleep
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
FightSleep

Male
Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptySun May 30, 2010 6:13 pm

No I think it's just a preference. If you're more (or less) attracted to the general "look" of certain races & ethnicities, then that's just a personal thing. Not racism.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 12:46 am

It probably is a form of bigotry, but I can't see getting that upset over someone having a bias one way or another when it comes to down to it. If racially they like this or don't like that, then oh well. That's them.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 6:49 pm

I think everyone tends to have a "type" that they generally are & aren't attracted to, but it's unfortunate if someone is so bent on this that they close-mindedly shut any and everyone out who doesn't fit into that basic criteria. I tend to go for tall guys, but from time to time have dated shorter guys. It's ok to have a reference preference that you seek out and gravitate to more, but one should still judge people on a case-by-case basis.

JMO
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:15 pm

Not quite. Depends on the reason WHY. If you gravitate towards a certain type and it's purely aesthetic, then no. But if you have other underlying reasons and they're based on stereotypes or just a general hate/self-hate...you have issues. I think most people can differentiate between the two.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:18 pm

I think a lot of people have a set type that they are attracted to, I don't think it has to to with racism. Some people like blondes, some like redheads, some like brunettes, everyone has some kind of preference that they are turned on to.

I love everybody!!! People are people and everyone is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:18 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Not quite. Depends on the reason WHY. If you gravitate towards a certain type and it's purely aesthetic, then no. But if you have other underlying reasons and they're based on stereotypes or just a general hate/self-hate...you have issues. I think most people can differentiate between the two.

Very well said N.
Back to top Go down
mindfuck
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
mindfuck

Male
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 8:42 pm

I welcome anybody who can afford me in my harem.
Back to top Go down
Wadsworth
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Wadsworth

Male
Rep : 16

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyMon May 31, 2010 9:01 pm

It falls more under the category of bigotry than racism but I really don't care tho. Date & fuck who you wanna. No point in getting bent outta shape over it cause somebody like this more than that.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 12:25 am

I think racial preferences in dating are probably the most succinct example of how people truly feel about whatever it is they either lust for, or shun.

"I have no problem with __________, I just wouldn't date one."

Think about how that sounds.

Everyone has their preferences that they especially like, but preferences aren't supposed to limit your choices.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 2:20 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Pretty much.
Back to top Go down
kinetic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
kinetic

Male
Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyWed Jun 02, 2010 3:11 am

If you overscrutinize then technically it may be but generally it's not. I mean is someone a horrible evil bigot if they only go for people who're in shape and rather not go out w/somebody who's overweight? When it comes to your intimate relationships I think it's 100% within a persons own choosing to discriminate based on whatever they are and aren't comfortable with (not saying these views may even be "right", but it's up them to decide if they're wrong enough to look into changing). The world won't go back in time if one person narrowly clings to THESE things over THOSE. It only becomes a problem if they try and push their views on others including their own family and friends. Then its like STFU.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:10 am

Nope. You don't have to be willing to date a box of crayons to prove you not a racist IMO.
Back to top Go down
stonestatic
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
stonestatic

Male
Rep : 24

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:17 am

If I may add a perspective here, I don't think I would term physcial attractiveness and sexual chemistry as "racist". I mean for me, I say never say never to most anything but, in general, the men I date (whether I do the asking or they do) tend to be white. It is not anything I specifically seek to do and I have plenty of friends that run the gamut of black, latino, asian, mixed, etc., but when it comes to physical chemistry with someone and what "turns me on" per se...that tends to be white men between 21 and 45, approx 6', in shape, with a positive attitude and a good sense of humor.

There are definitely black men here that I would go on a date with and I know of two specifically that, if they were single, I'd be attracted to them and go on a date with them. People are turned on by what they are turned on by. I'm sure there are plenty of men that don't find me that attractive for whatever reason, and it's really not important as to why. They just don't. Would I consider it racist if it was because I was white...no!

When it comes to a lot of things in this world, I think there are definite racism issues to be dealt with and no one should be judged by the color of their skin as to what kind of person they are or if they are worthy of jobs, housing, fair treatment under the law, etc. I'm just not sure that with respect to mutual attraction between two people, a "preference" for black vs. latino vs. white vs. asian vs. indian vs. whatever, really can't be classified the same way as hating someone just because they happened to be, or not be, of a certain race.

Just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:49 am

I don't know...

I would have been looked heavily down upon by the parents had I brought home a non-Caucasian man. I only ever dated a Hispanic man, but that did not go anywhere. I had a son with the Caucasian man I had my son with, and we are still together.

I think that I may have had qualms about a guy of another race when it came to settling down, so that my parents were not upset. But I may have fallen in love and been brave enough to challenge their racist points of view.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 7:44 am

While I'm sure there are plenty of racist roots in some peoples' reasoning for dating or not-dating certain races, you can't really say that not being attracted to someone because of a physical characteristic(like skin color) is racist. That would be the equivalent to me gay calling a straight guy a homophobe because he's not attracted to me.

That said, I would never try to justify a person's actions (like not talking to someone or judging their character) purely based on race.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 11:18 am

Sometimes you have to look at motives for why you are attracted to a person. Was it because she had this beautiful chocolate-brown skin, those soft African features, inviting full lips? I actually did that soul searching when Brenda and I got together. Had to determine that I loved this person, not just the exotic packaging.

Ppl my age lived in a legally sanctioned racist America. About 15 states in my lifetime had laws against whites and blacks dating (some included Latinos and Asians). That changed in June 1967 with a US Supreme Ct. decision and while that was going on in Washington, I was just 20 miles up the road at National Security Agency being intrigued by a black co-worker, oblivious to the illegality of any relationship we might have in Maryland. I was young and insecure and there was that "black mystique" thing about a white boy not being able to keep up with the sex moves of a black girl so nothing came of my infatuation. But that was the first instance of me being aware of wanting to try the exotic.

Later, when the sexual revolution relaxed another taboo, I tried some black men but was still intimidated by this one gorgeous and very open black woman I knew (and coulda fucked - casual sex was the norm then).

I find black ppl very beautiful, (the lips, I love kissing black lips) but also there is beauty in every other race, so I guess I am not hung up on race as a condition for relationships.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 10:34 am

I liken it to someone being more attracted to a certain hair color or height. It's not bigotry when you find yourself not attracted to someone who doesn't have that aesthetic that you seek. And the same traits that someone may not appreciate about you are the same traits someone else will. Why get upset over 1 persons taste?
Back to top Go down
RiteDiva
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
RiteDiva

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 1:03 pm

GrayWolf wrote:
I liken it to someone being more attracted to a certain hair color or height. It's not bigotry when you find yourself not attracted to someone who doesn't have that aesthetic that you seek. And the same traits that someone may not appreciate about you are the same traits someone else will. Why get upset over 1 persons taste?

That totally blows me away. Hair, eyes, body type etc can be altered, changed, in fact do alter and change automatically over time and are nothing at all like skin type. Saying you're not attracted to certain skin types of course implies something more than just aesthetics. Skin color usually indicates race, heritage, ethnicity, unalterable truths about someone, not just appearances. People are routinely killed because of their skin. Not so much their hair color. I'd absolutely love to hear from someone who only dates certain skin types to find out exactly why. I don't think attraction is always so impossible to control.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Racial Preferences in dating.   Racial Preferences in dating. Empty

Back to top Go down

Racial Preferences in dating.
Page 1 of 1