CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Shale
Alan Smithee
wants2laugh
Supernova
RedBedroom
9 posters

Some people will argue any damn thing

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Some people will argue any damn thing Empty Some people will argue any damn thing

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:15 am

I never fully enjoy Jay's family coming for dinner. However, tonight they came. They actually argued with me on how I spell my son's middle name.

This after years of telling me I spelled it wrong to begin with. I meant for it to be spelled that way as it is a mix of my first name and Jay's.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Some people will argue any damn thing Empty Re: Some people will argue any damn thing

Post by Supernova Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:41 am

There are some people in the world who are so hellbent on arguing with some people that if you told them the sky was blue they would disagree on that too just because YOU said it was. Believe me I know, maybe not to THAT extent, though oddly enough nobody can ever spell MY name right either.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Some people will argue any damn thing Empty Re: Some people will argue any damn thing

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:45 am

some people are just STUPID!!!

I work with a woman who needs to complain and argue about everything. The other day she was in a section of the machine in which she would be working alone. The closest person to her would be about 50 feet away... and she looked at the schedule and said, "Why do i always have to work with the same people?" My bro looked at her and said, "Uhhhmmm are you complaining about yourself?? cause you are scheduled to work alone" and she rolled her eyes and walked away.

People are STUPID---'nuff said
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:32 am

Some people will argue any damn thing.

No they won't!

Wink
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:57 am

RedBedroom wrote:...They actually argued with me on how I spell my son's middle name...

Do you spell it the same as it is on his birth certificate? That is the official document set in stone (sometimes by semi-literates) that you are often stuck with. My original birth certificate had me as Bobbie (cute until little Bobbie got pubic hair). I started illegally spelling it Bobby and eventually, at 19, had it legally changed to Robert.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:06 am

RedBedroom wrote:I never fully enjoy Jay's family coming for dinner. However, tonight they came. They actually argued with me on how I spell my son's middle name.

This after years of telling me I spelled it wrong to begin with. I meant for it to be spelled that way as it is a mix of my first name and Jay's.

That's just bloody weird. I wouldn't bother to argue about that. I'd just tell them that's how I wanted to spell it then end the conversation.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:04 pm

I remember telling a friend that people ought to look up the spelling of their kids names when I saw a little girls name spelled Tiffunnie, she told me that what ever way someone spelled their kids names made it correct. I guess so and to think I even looked up the name Richard to make damn sure before it went on his birth certificate. However you deliberately spelled the child's name how you wanted it spelled and I think my friend is right, however you spell a child's name makes it correct because it is the child's name.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:02 am

Why can't people just mind their own damn business?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Shale wrote:

Do you spell it the same as it is on his birth certificate? That is the official document set in stone (sometimes by semi-literates) that you are often stuck with. My original birth certificate had me as Bobbie (cute until little Bobbie got pubic hair). I started illegally spelling it Bobby and eventually, at 19, had it legally changed to Robert.

Oh, yeah, it is the same as the birth certificate. I have only ever spelled it one way.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Tell them you've spelled it right but they've been mispronouncing it all this time.

Would it be too nosey to ask what the lad's middle name is?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:54 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Why can't people just mind their own damn business?

Agree, sorry you had to sit through that ordeal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:53 pm