CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
Shale
Chris
8 posters

Honoring the requests of the deceased.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Honoring the requests of the deceased. Empty Honoring the requests of the deceased.

Post by Chris Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:01 pm

Do you think it's important to honor the requests of the deceased? About anything. This can be about how their funeral or estate is handled or keeping secrets told in confidence. Do you consider the requests of someone on their death bed to be sacred?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Honoring the requests of the deceased. Empty Re: Honoring the requests of the deceased.

Post by Shale Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:06 pm

I would try within reason to fulfill the wishes, but I would not succumb to unreasonable demands or death bed blackmail.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Honoring the requests of the deceased. Empty Re: Honoring the requests of the deceased.

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:09 pm

I think they are. But some people ask for too much and that's not cool either.

My wonderful aunt (pushing 90) insists on no service whatsoever. Just a big party. Her kids are going to honor the request and some other cousins are bothered by it. I think it's cool. She just wants to be cremated so she can be right next to her husband.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:58 pm

If the requests are within reason then yes.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:31 pm

We want no service, have paid in advnce for our cremations as well. There are a limited number of people who will be allowed to see the body if they so desire. Then the ashes will be given to our son to dispose of as he wishes. I think our wishes will be followed.

Last edited by Suzi on Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Yeah... although I do understand that the services are to help the living heal and say goodbye, so i can understand that people have different ideas on what is appropriate. My bro wanted a "traditional" service from my wild, biker, rock and roll type of sister. I convinced him that she would have wanted a live band and a party. So we cranked up the classic rock at her service and was head banging! lol when my bro dies, I will have a "traditional" service for him! lol
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:20 pm

Sure.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:00 pm

My father said he wants his ashes scattered someplace that I'd have to rent a small plane for. I hope he's kidding 'cause it ain't happening.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 pm