Witnessing Domestic violence Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Witnessing Domestic violence

Go down 
+2
RobbieFTW
AtownPeep
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

Witnessing Domestic violence Empty
PostSubject: Witnessing Domestic violence   Witnessing Domestic violence EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:31 pm

Today while I was in the drive thru at McDonald's, I witnessed this boy slap this girl. Let me set the scene...

This McDonald's is located in front of this large open field where a lot of kids hang out at. So I'm in my car, in line and glance in the rear view mirror and I see these 2 young teens (boy and girl) that look approx 13-14 standing there talking. Of course I cant hear what they talking about but the exchange looks intense, then all the sudden the boy just socks this girl in the face. After he hit her, she timidly puts her hand on her face where the blow was struck. I could not believe what I witnessed and it was awkward for me because like I said, I'm in my car in the damn drive thru line and even though I was close enough to see exactly what happened, I wasn't close enough to jump out and immediately intervene. But I'm pissed as hell and mostly because I didn't do anything and I should have. These 2 kids looked like they were probably BF/GF and from what i witnessed it's a safe bet that he's likely hitting her on a regular basis.

I'm sitting here shaking over that bullshit and haven't even touched my food yet but I had to get this off my chest.

Lil punk ass bitch. I would have dared this lil motherfucka to hit me, but I didn't do anything because I was so shocked and because like I said I was in the drive thru and they weren't only just a few feet away. I have a feeling if I got out they probably woulda start running.

What yall think, was I wrong?
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing Domestic violence   Witnessing Domestic violence EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Hopefully one day someone does intervene but don't beat urself up over it.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing Domestic violence   Witnessing Domestic violence EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:46 am

It is a hard call, and I probably would have had the same thought process as you. There is actually an open lot right by my local McDonalds. Kids don't hang out there, but it was easy for me to imagine your situation. I guess in that situation, I may have called the non emergency police number.

This was ages ago, mid 90's....but I was moving out of a four-plex I had lived in for six months. Long story, but it was that I heard my female neighbor getting the shit beat out of her. I rushed to a pay phone to call police and they said that they would not come because she did not call herself. That is really messed up, and I hope not the norm anymore.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing Domestic violence   Witnessing Domestic violence EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 12:56 am

It can't be held against you that you did not jump out of your car to go chasing after them. Plus kids these days are crazy. For all you know, he may have had a gun. You never know.

Me, what I probably would have done was roll down my window and shouted at him. Not that that would have done anything, but at least it would have put the little Ike-wannabe on notice that someone peeped his bullshit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing Domestic violence   Witnessing Domestic violence EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 12:24 am

You intervening wouldn't have made much of a difference, because at the end of the day you'd go on about your business and chances are the girl would have continued seeing him (and getting hit.)
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing Domestic violence   Witnessing Domestic violence EmptySun Aug 01, 2010 8:43 am

If that had happened in front of me, I would have intervened. Physically restraining the little bruiser, while calling the police. Chances are nothing would have come of it, but the threat probably would have rattled the kid.

If I were in Atown's situation, then I would have probably done something similar to what Nhaiyel said; I would have gotten out of the car and yelled for him to quit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing Domestic violence   Witnessing Domestic violence EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 7:57 am

Thanks for the responses everyone. The situation was frustrating for me because it was close enough to see, but not close enough to jump into. Oh well. All I can do is hope that this little girl develops some perspective, see's how wrong the situation is that she's in and does something about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Witnessing Domestic violence   Witnessing Domestic violence Empty

Back to top Go down

Witnessing Domestic violence
Page 1 of 1