Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?  Empty
PostSubject: Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?    Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 2:20 am

I would have reservations if my son, at age 17-20, told me he was dating a single mom. I think there are just so many things that can go wrong with such a scenario. Such as him getting attached to the kids and sticking around out of a sense of obligation. Or the girl thinking, "I already have one kid, why not another to make this guy stay?"

I'm not saying every time it would be a poor situation. But, in general, I wouldn't like it.

Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?    Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:32 am

Things happen and if the young lady is nice and respectable, I would have no issue.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?    Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 1:47 pm

I wouldn't be crazy about the idea but as long as the age difference wasn't too great and the person and their kid were "normal" I might not say anything at least in the beginning. It's also different for me as the father of a daughter than for Red and her son. I just think the dynamics are different.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?    Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 6:50 pm

tmontyb wrote:
Things happen and if the young lady is nice and respectable, I would have no issue.

This....provided that she or he has only one child....maybe two. However, if my teenager was dating someone with several kids and the person they were dating is the same age, that's a red flag. If they were dating someone significantly older with several kids, well....that could be a red flag too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?    Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you object to your teen dating a young single parent?
Page 1 of 1