CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
CatEyes10736
Alan Smithee
Shale
Marc™
10 posters

If You're a Democrat or Republican, What Do You Agree With the Other Side About?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Question If You're a Democrat or Republican, What Do You Agree With the Other Side About?

Post by Marc™ Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:35 pm

If you're a Democrat, is there anything you tend to agree with Republicans about?
    If you're a Republican, is there anything you tend to agree with Democrats about?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Question Re: If You're a Democrat or Republican, What Do You Agree With the Other Side About?

Post by Shale Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:42 pm

I am not a member of any political party, tho I have in the past been registered as a Democrat. I am too liberal for the Dems.

However, IDK why anyone who believed in personal freedom would align with Repugnicans.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Question Re: If You're a Democrat or Republican, What Do You Agree With the Other Side About?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:45 pm

I'm an independent voter but presently I can't think of anything the Tea P...ah, Republicans stand for that I would vote for. Maybe 20 years ago or more but not now.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Not the way they are now, but I agree with the old, past mentality of the Republican party. The one where they sort of minded their own business, tended to their own affairs and weren't at all interested in dictating to other people. Too bad the party is becoming so fascist today.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:34 pm

I'm unaffiliated but I don't side with the republicans about anything.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:07 pm

In order to answer that, we'd have to pin down exactly what the Crats believe.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:22 am

There are some things I agree with Republicans about.....ironically, I can't think of them right now.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Um...what was the question?
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:15 am

I vote NDP provincially, and usually Liberal federally. The problem here in BC is that the Liberals are in power but they are liberal in name only they are as right wing as Harper and his conservatives, and they are ruining Canada, spending like there was no tomorrow and of Course Harper is so willing to get into any war the US starts. So we no longer enjoy the reputation as peace keepers.
    Here in BC the Liberals in power have lied, cheated and as good as stolen from us. One of the goodies Harper wanted BC do do was raise our sales taxes into what is called Harmonized sales Tax, the Premier promised us he would never go for the HST. Then one fine day we got the HST. It was so unpopular he knew that he was through the next election so he quit. Harper who is a Conservative rewarded Campbell the so called Liberal with a cushy job as an ambassador to England.So the Premier who took his place gave us the vote on the HST, we voted overwhelmingly against it. However that was a year ago and we still have it, under the excuse that it takes time to undo it. Bull crap! They gave it to us in less than a week, but it is taking over a year to undo it? The newer (chosen by Campbell as he left) premier also promised us we would have an election about a year ago, when she realized she would lose she decided that we will wait until the 5 years is up (Next spring).

By the way some of you might remember Campbell, the was the Canadian premier who went to Hawaii and got a drunk driving charge!
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:45 am

This question doesn't apply to me since I am neither a Republican or a Democrat. cries
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:36 am

captainbryce wrote:This question doesn't apply to me since I am neither a Republican or a Democrat. cries
    Hopefully you do vote? If not you have no right to complain about your government.I'm 72 and I have voted in every election I was qualified to vote in since I was 21 (the voting age) in the US then. When I couldn't vote federally in Canada I still was qualified to vote in the city elections and did so. Once I even voted from my hospital bed, here they will send someone to take your vote, it gets counted as an absentee vote , but it is still a vote.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:49 am