CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Hyacinth Girl
Alan Smithee
Nhaiyel
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
RobbieFTW
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Chris
12 posters

Democrat or Republican: which party has the most sex scandals?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Democrat or Republican: which party has the most sex scandals? Empty Democrat or Republican: which party has the most sex scandals?

Post by Chris Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:19 am

With Anthony Weiner as the latest, and he's a Democrat, I'm wondering which party do you notice tends to find itself immersed in more sex scandals?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Democrat or Republican: which party has the most sex scandals? Empty Re: Democrat or Republican: which party has the most sex scandals?

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:30 am

They're probably about even.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Democrat or Republican: which party has the most sex scandals? Empty Re: Democrat or Republican: which party has the most sex scandals?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:40 am

They're likely about even. Politicians are politicians. I ain't no partier anyway. Razz
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:04 am

About even. Main diff is that Dem sex scandals are usually with women! smug
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 am

RobbieFTW wrote:About even. Main diff is that Dem sex scandals are usually with women! smug

LMAO!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:15 am

RobbieFTW wrote:About even. Main diff is that Dem sex scandals are usually with women! smug

That'd be funny if it were only rooted in truth. lol
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:26 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:

I speak the truth! Wink
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 am

RobbieFTW wrote:I speak the truth! Wink

Not today. Razz
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:20 am

Ha. It's kind of true, though. Razz
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:47 am

laughing *dead*
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:21 pm

You beat me to it. Except I would have said Dem/liberal sex scandals are typically hetero and Repub/conservative scandals more frequently aren't.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Rockbird wrote:Ha. It's kind of true, though. Razz

Even though it's actually not. Razz
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:52 pm

You keep telling yourself that. Wink Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Rockbird wrote:You keep telling yourself that. Wink Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Same goes for you and your illusions. Razz
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Riiiight.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:45 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:

I speak the truth! Wink

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    RobbieFTW wrote:I speak the truth! Wink

Not today. Razz

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    Rockbird wrote:Ha. It's kind of true, though. Razz

"I know you are, but what am I??"

"Stop hittin' yourself! Stop hittin' yourself!" *Forgiveness Man takes Robbie's hand, slaps own arm with it*

"You're gonna git it! I'm tellin' Mom---MOOOOOM!!"

"Robbie started it!"

"No I didn't!"

"Yes you did!"

"Didn't!"

"Did!"

"Rockbird's laughing! MOM!!!"

(Sorry---I couldn't resist. . . .it just fit so perfectly! LOL) big grin

(Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:57 pm

You left out the part where he threw gum in my hair!
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:09 pm

Rockbird wrote:You left out the part where he threw gum in my hair!

Damn! I knew something was missing! big grin

(But I may have inadvertently summed up every single Republican vs. Democrat political battle, ever! LOL)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:49 pm

With every other issue devolving into partisan finger-pointing, The Daily Beast thought it would use two decades of cold, hard data and rational methodology to answer the question everyone in Washington wants to know: Which party has more problems with sex scandals?

After studying more than 60 scandals over the past 20 years involving all politicians or major candidates for city mayor and above—many involved crimes, others just allegations, but all wound up as tabloid fodder—some conclusions can be reached.

• The number of sex scandals has increased dramatically over the past few decades, thanks to technology, new press standards, and a post-Clinton belief that everything is fair game.

• Republicans have more scandals (35 to 28), but Democrats have bigger ones, based on our methodology (13 out of the top 20).

• Democrats tend to have more problems with harassment, staffers, and underage girls; Republicans tend to have more problems with prostitutes, hypocrisy, and underage boys.

To offer some clarity, we’ve broken the scandals into categories, and graded them Cook Report-style. We also ranked all sex scandals overall, using a methodology that accounted for whether a crime was committed, versus inappropriate behavior; whether the charges were proven, versus alleged; the level of office held; and whether the incident involved children, staff, a cover-up or hypocrisy.

Prostitution

This category combines both those who solicited a prostitute but for whatever reason did not accept—think former Idaho Senator Larry Craig—and those who went ahead and became johns. Republicans by a count of six-to-one have been involved in prostitution scandals. For our rankings, soliciting prostitution without accepting it was weighted slightly lower than becoming a john.

Solid Republican (6-1)

Staffer

There’s a clear abuse of power when a politician and his employee is involved in a sex scandal. Democrats, by a count of 16 to six, have seemingly leveraged that power imbalance more.

Solid Democrat (16-6)

Hypocrisy

Almost half the sex scandals we turned up involved someone saying one thing while doing another. The earliest example was womens’ rights champion Robert Packwood, who in 1992 was infamously slapped with several sexual-harassment and abuse charges from former female staffers.

Solid Republican (17-9)

Sexual harassment

Whether threats or phone calls, it’s mostly been Democrats.

Solid Democrat (9-2)

Adultery

Bipartisanship? More of a personal ethical issue rather than a legal one, the adultery category is the most populated, with Republicans and Democrats nearly even, with the Schwarzenegger scandal tipping the category to the Republicans.

Lean Republican (21-20)

Inappropriate conduct with a minor

This type of scandal indicates at the least a serious flaw or lapse in judgment. The most infamous example is former Representative Mark Foley, who exchanged sexually charged emails and instant messages with underage pages. Two Republicans and one Democrat have been involved in this type of scandal.

Lean Republican (2-1)

Sexual relations with a minor

Far more serious than above: the most serious charge, in fact, among all recent political sex scandals. Conviction carries more than a decade in jail, based on federal sentencing guidelines.

Toss up (3-3)

Out-of-wedlock child

Three Republicans have confirmed having children as a result of extramarital affairs, compared to one Democrat. Of course, Schwarzenegger is the latest.

Solid Republican (3-1)

Sexual assault

Six Democrats have faced allegations of sexual assault, compared to four for Republicans.

Lean Democrat (6-4)

Cuckolding

Republicans have had four scandals involving an affair with a married woman—compared to one for Democrats. The only woman on this list, Helen Chenoweth, created a cuckquean (who knew?) out of her lover’s wife.

Solid Republican (4-1)

Coverup

Either with money or behind-the-scenes wrangling or just weak denial lies, six Republicans have been caught covering up a sex scandal, compared with three Democrats, with payoffs ranging from $150,000 or a job for a spouse to, allegedly, $20.

Lean Republican (6-3)
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

RobbieFTW wrote:

I speak the truth! Wink

Forgiveness Man wrote:

Not today. Razz

Forgiveness Man wrote:

"I know you are, but what am I??"

"Stop hittin' yourself! Stop hittin' yourself!" *Forgiveness Man takes Robbie's hand, slaps own arm with it*

"You're gonna git it! I'm tellin' Mom---MOOOOOM!!"

"Robbie started it!"

"No I didn't!"

"Yes you did!"

"Didn't!"

"Did!"

"Rockbird's laughing! MOM!!!"

(Sorry---I couldn't resist. . . .it just fit so perfectly! LOL) big grin

You got it backwards. Razz
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:06 pm

alan smithee wrote:

• Democrats tend to have more problems with harassment, staffers, and underage girls; Republicans tend to have more problems with prostitutes, hypocrisy, and underage boys.

laughing
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 pm

LOL. Heh.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:48 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:They're likely about even. Politicians are politicians. I ain't no partier anyway. Razz

Then why do you get so defensive every time somebody makes a joke about the Republican party?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:55 am

RIGHT ON!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:12 am

Chris wrote:With Anthony Weiner as the latest, and he's a Democrat, I'm wondering which party do you notice tends to find itself immersed in more sex scandals?
    This is the idiot's (pregnant) wife. I don't know if he should resign but he definitely should have his head examined for what he did.
    Democrat or Republican: which party has the most sex scandals? 110609-huma-abedin-vmed-230a.grid-6x2

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:53 am