CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Chris
Alan Smithee
Marc™
7 posters

Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?

Poll

I Watch TV Like a

[ 3 ]
    Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Bar_left75%Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Bar_right [75%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Bar_left25%Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Empty Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?

Post by Marc™ Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:16 am

According to a study done by leading media research company Experian Simmons, someone's political affiliation could actually say a lot about what television shows they watch.

And we don't just mean political shows.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that studies have shown Republicans to be more likely to watch hit television shows like "American Idol" and "Dancing with the Stars" than Democrats, who are more likely to watch moderately rated shows like "Mad Men," "30 Rock," and "Community."

However, you might be surprised by some of the titles that came up as having a primarily Republican consumer base. For instance, "Modern Family," ABC's Emmy-winning sitcom starring a gay couple, is more successful among right-leaning viewers. "The Big Bang Theory," a comedy about a group of young atheistic roommates, also scored highly with Republican viewers.

Of course, the top-rated shows on both sides, according to the study, were hardly a surprise. "Glenn Beck" for Republicans and "Keith Olbermann" for Democrats. But pundits aside, do you share the same television habits as right-leaning or left-leaning viewers?

Here are the top 15 shows for each party.

Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Rightwing2_3
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Empty Re: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:26 am

I had 1 red (Modern family) and 4 blue (Dexter, Community, 30 Rock and Breaking Bad) so I guess I watch like a Dem.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat? Empty Re: Do You Watch TV Like a Republican or a Democrat?

Post by Chris Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:18 pm

I'm not a Republican, but my taste in TV is more similar to what they watch.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:08 pm

I guess I am somewhat balanced, although I don't get how Modern Family and Desperate Housewives are Republican shows. xD (Private Practice and Brothers and Sisters being Democrat make total sense though. xD)

I think my habits lean more Republican, although I do watch PP. I do not buy these lists though. After the top obvious ones, they all seem like complete guesswork/fabrications.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:44 pm

I'm a Democrat and I don't even watch t.v. Interesting.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:10 am

I don't really watch TV. But if I had to, I'd probably pick from the list of shows on the Republican side.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:41 am

Who would have guessed Republicans watch sitcoms more than Dems. My taste is more on the Rep side. sad
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:30 am

^^^^I'd have guessed that in a second. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:39 am