Restaurants with a BYOB policy Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Restaurants with a BYOB policy

Go down 
+2
Shale
RedBedroom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Restaurants with a BYOB policy Empty
PostSubject: Restaurants with a BYOB policy   Restaurants with a BYOB policy EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:52 am

"Bring Your Own Beer, Bottle, Booze..."

Have you ever brought your own liquor to a restaurant?

I find this pretty interesting when it comes to restaurant marketing. Some places are either too small to have adequate storage for wine, beer and bottles. While others opt to not have a liquor license.

And this trend is only in some areas. It's pretty big in Chicago. Most charge a corkage fee, which doesn't just pertain to wine.

For me, I wouldn't bother. I am totally not into alcohol before or with a meal. But for those who really like wine with their meal, it behooves establishments to do this. Everybody wins with the corkage fee.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Restaurants with a BYOB policy   Restaurants with a BYOB policy EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 1:02 am

I don't like the idea at all and would just stay home and have a good meal with my own wine. Who wants to lug a wine bottle with them going out?
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Restaurants with a BYOB policy   Restaurants with a BYOB policy EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 3:39 am

The concept seems dumb to me. I go out to be served. If I have to BMOB then I may as well just drink at home!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Restaurants with a BYOB policy   Restaurants with a BYOB policy EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 10:11 am

I've been to places like that but I can't recall ever bringing my own bottle. It's very rare I order anything stronger than unsweetened iced tea to begin with. But if someone likes to imbibe with their meal, I say fine. Just drink responsibly.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Restaurants with a BYOB policy   Restaurants with a BYOB policy EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 4:58 pm

I've heard of doing that at a private party or BBQ, but never at a restaurant. It's a bit silly IMO. Just like rent 'em spoons!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Restaurants with a BYOB policy   Restaurants with a BYOB policy EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
I've heard of doing that at a private party or BBQ, but never at a restaurant. It's a bit silly IMO. Just like rent 'em spoons!

You've never heard of BYOB restaurants? They're not uncommon at all and have been around for years.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Restaurants with a BYOB policy   Restaurants with a BYOB policy EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

You've never heard of BYOB restaurants? They're not uncommon at all and have been around for years.

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Restaurants with a BYOB policy   Restaurants with a BYOB policy EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 5:46 pm

Kral wrote:
The concept seems dumb to me. I go out to be served. If I have to BMOB then I may as well just drink at home!

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restaurants with a BYOB policy   Restaurants with a BYOB policy Empty

Back to top Go down

Restaurants with a BYOB policy
Page 1 of 1