CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

It's much easier to declare you don't like guns than it is to declare you don't like pit bulls or rottweilers....

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

It's much easier to declare you don't like guns than it is to declare you don't like pit bulls or rottweilers.... Empty It's much easier to declare you don't like guns than it is to declare you don't like pit bulls or rottweilers....

Post by RedBedroom Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:17 am

It's pretty strange that a lot of the same people who knock those hating on "fight" dogs are just fine with the same people not liking guns.

I don't like either, but I am never berated about my disdain for guns.

Why?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

It's much easier to declare you don't like guns than it is to declare you don't like pit bulls or rottweilers.... Empty Re: It's much easier to declare you don't like guns than it is to declare you don't like pit bulls or rottweilers....

Post by Shale Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 am

Well, you're not in the Deep South or West, where I will assume the NRA has its strongest base and where there have actually been attempts to make laws that everyone should own a gun.

IDK if pit bulls are also more popular in the South - I never heard of the breed until I got to Miami. Never even knew of dog fighting as a 'sport' outside of the historical accounts from times when cruelty to animals was acceptable. There are great defenders of the breed, but when the breed was specifically bred to fight in the pit, it is not so easily overlooked as being dangerous.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

It's much easier to declare you don't like guns than it is to declare you don't like pit bulls or rottweilers.... Empty Re: It's much easier to declare you don't like guns than it is to declare you don't like pit bulls or rottweilers....

Post by CeCe Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:31 pm

RedBedroom wrote:It's pretty strange that a lot of the same people who knock those hating on "fight" dogs are just fine with the same people not liking guns.

I don't like either, but I am never berated about my disdain for guns.

Why?

I would attribute that to you not living in the south Red. In the south them guns is our god given right. The second amendment says so /sarc

As for the dogs some breeds are used by people to terrorize other people. No breed is a bad breed. It's the damn people who own them. Hating a dog because of it breed is just wrong to me. I've known pitts & rotties who are sweet & gentle and had a friend once who had a Pekingese who was the most aggressive confrontational nasty little dog I've seen. But I think the stances for either depend more on where you live than anything else.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:06 pm