CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Alan Smithee
Shale
tmontyb
Supernova
RedBedroom
9 posters

People with a strong opinion on boys vs. girls being easier to raise...

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Rant People with a strong opinion on boys vs. girls being easier to raise...

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:54 pm

The type of person who "knows" that either boys or girls (depending who you talk to) are easier to raise bugs me.

There are way too many variables in defining "easy."
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Rant Re: People with a strong opinion on boys vs. girls being easier to raise...

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:44 am

Everybody says boys are easier to raise simply because they can't get pregnant, never mind that they can sure as hell knock up the girls and then, depending on where you live, it's YOUR neck on the line paying the child support until he's 18.

Not having any experience either way I personally would think the girls would be a bit easier because despite everything I still tend to think like a girl on occasion and would have a better idea on where they're coming from on something than a father would.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Rant Re: People with a strong opinion on boys vs. girls being easier to raise...

Post by tmontyb Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:02 am

I don't think gender makes a difference. It all depends on the kid and the parents.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:50 am

tmontyb wrote:I don't think gender makes a difference. It all depends on the kid and the parents.
    co-signs
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:39 am

tmontyb wrote:I don't think gender makes a difference. It all depends on the kid and the parents.
    yeah that…
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:07 pm

I think that usually comes from a spectators point of view. Far as boys being easier than girls; an eight year old boy isn't necessarily the easiest creature in the world to reign in.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Chris wrote:I think that usually comes from a spectators point of view. Far as boys being easier than girls; an eight year old boy isn't necessarily the easiest creature in the world to reign in.

I know that's right, I've had my fair share of them.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:12 pm

co-signs
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:32 pm

I think it also depends on the age of the child, too--things flip-flop around a lot during the growing up years. I have 6 nephews, 2 nieces, a grand-niece plus my own daughter, and I have to say, casually observing, that the boys were all wild little monsters from about 2 years old to 10 years old, and the girls were pretty tame. Then. . . dear Lord help us all . . . .it switches, and when the teen years start happening, the boys even out, and as soon as the hormones ramp up in the girls, they can be emotional drama queens, and sometimes downright nasty and bitchy.

So either way, there are times when being a parent to either boys or girls, reaffirms that children and teens are the reason why hamsters eat their young.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:23 pm

They are both difficult in different ways. They are genderless until about 10, then look out puberty is not far off and then it is a horse race to get the girls raised before they become pregnant, and once the boy can drive forget seeing him ever again before 3 AM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:39 pm