CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
CatEyes10736
Shale
Supernova
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Minerva
Chris
11 posters

Telephone conversations in front of other people.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Telephone conversations in front of other people. Empty Telephone conversations in front of other people.

Post by Chris Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:18 am

I read that seventy percent of people say that they hate having telephone conversations in front of other people. How do you feel about it? Are you comfortable talking on the phone in front of others?
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Telephone conversations in front of other people. Empty Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.

Post by Minerva Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:38 am

No and I don't like it when others do it front of me. A neighbor came by to visit. Her cell phone rang and she spent the next 20 minutes talking on it to her daughter in law and then her grandson while I just sat there staring at her. I thought that was extremely rude.

I don't even use the call waiting feature on my phone. I think that's rude too. After all, that's what voice mail is for. It's not the the "old days" when the caller got a busy signal if the recipient was already on the phone. The second caller can leave a message in the recipient's voice mail.

I have a friend who uses caller ID and will start a conversation with the new caller for about five minutes and and leaves the first one hanging on while she talks. I hang up when she does that.

This new technology has caused people to obtain a real lack of manners.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Telephone conversations in front of other people. Empty Re: Telephone conversations in front of other people.

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:31 am

Not if its important or personal.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:10 pm

No I don't like talking in front of other people and I would prefer they don't talk on the phone in front of me either.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:11 pm

Tony Marino wrote:No I don't like talking in front of other people and I would prefer they don't talk on the phone in front of me either.

This, I like using phones as little as possible, especially when other people are around.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:14 pm

Minerva wrote:No and I don't like it when others do it front of me. A neighbor came by to visit. Her cell phone rang and she spent the next 20 minutes talking on it to her daughter in law and then her grandson while I just sat there staring at her. I thought that was extremely rude.

I don't even use the call waiting feature on my phone. I think that's rude too. After all, that's what voice mail is for. It's not the the "old days" when the caller got a busy signal if the recipient was already on the phone. The second caller can leave a message in the recipient's voice mail.

I have a friend who uses caller ID and will start a conversation with the new caller for about five minutes and and leaves the first one hanging on while she talks. I hang up when she does that.

This new technology has caused people to obtain a real lack of manners.

co-signs

I like when the person that you are talking to gets another call and they put you on hold for 5 minutes and come back and tell you that they are going to call you back. Now what I do is if its longer than a minute I hang up and don't answer if they call back and if they put me on hold and come back with the I will call you back, I don't answer when they call back either. As Minerva said people have such lack of manners these days when it comes to the phone. By not answering their call back I extend the same courtesy to them as they extended to me.

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:18 pm

^ What Minerva said
    co-signs
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:28 pm

No I don't. It's very awkward and IA that I don't care much for it when others have phone conversations in front of me either. I feel like they're either being too secretive (as if I'm trying to listen) or that they are posturing and showing off.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Not if its important or personal.

Pretty much
    CaffeinePlease
    CaffeinePlease
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by CaffeinePlease Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:35 pm

First of all, I make a point not to have phone conversations in front of other people (that's what the "mute" button is for on a cell phone!) Second, it's also just as rude when people talk on the phone in front of me. If you can't be decent enough to mute your cell phone and focus on me (your date/friend/etc.), then do me a favor and don't bother to spend time with me.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:04 pm

CaffeinePlease wrote:First of all, I make a point not to have phone conversations in front of other people (that's what the "mute" button is for on a cell phone!) Second, it's also just as rude when people talk on the phone in front of me. If you can't be decent enough to mute your cell phone and focus on me (your date/friend/etc.), then do me a favor and don't bother to spend time with me.

co-signs
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Don't care for talking on the phone much period. Try to avoid it if possible. These days I'll just text if I'm around a group of people and the conversation might be too private.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 pm

I don't like people hearing my calls even if it is just something random. And I rather they not rudely get on the horn in front of me either.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:58 pm