Your opinion of Divorce Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your opinion of Divorce

Go down 
+7
TexasLady
Marc™
RiteDiva
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
RobbieFTW
Jason B.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Your opinion of Divorce Empty
PostSubject: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:23 pm

So much is being pondered about sex and marriage, what's your opinion of divorce? That used to be considered taboo and a sin. Back in the 40s and 50s, gay divorcee's tended to be socially shunned. Do you think breaking vows is a dishonorable thing to do?
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Funny how they try to ban gays from marrying but are aok with DIVORCE. But I digress. Sometimes people grow apart and fall out of love. Staying unhappily married I imagine is like being in jail.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 5:58 pm

^^^^Who says I am okay with divorce? I am totally against it and think it's a cowardly way out of problems, or the result of past immoral decisions. If the spouse is very abusive, I guess there is a justification for it, but more often than not, divorce results from wanting to be somebody to somebody else. We're all living life upside down. Razz
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
^^^^Who says I am okay with divorce?

confused
Who said I was talking about you?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:05 pm

^^^^Nobody said you were talking about me specifically. Razz
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Seems everybody's family is getting a long history of acquaintance with divorce these days, some people several times over...that in itself I don't see as a good thing, but I'm all for it. In ancient American Indian tribes, divorce was a very simple thing for a woman to get, and I guess for the men too, that's the way it ought to be today instead of all this red tape and legal disputes and high priced lawyers.
Back to top Go down
RiteDiva
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
RiteDiva

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:08 pm

My opinion of divorce is very similar to my opinion of premarital sex...that it's the couples business to decide what's right for their marriage. If that means terminating it, then so be it. As far as old school married couples who stayed together through thick and thin, yes it's admirable...and yes I do think couples should be a bit more diligent to preserve their marriages if they can. However, I also think it's sad when a 80-something year old woman whose husband died 20 years ago admits that she was was never happy in their 50 year marriage, and that she would have gotten a divorce if it was something that was more socially accepted in her prime.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 9:13 pm

^^^^Hence why one needs to think before saying "I do."
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:08 am

Sometimes marriages don't work out, simple as that. My opinion is that it's better to get out and find your happiness alone (or with someone else) than it is to stay put and continue in a situation that is destined to keep one or both miserable. There is absolutely no reason for a couple to continue playing make believe while the love is draining.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 8:46 am

^^^^The problem is that "marriages just don't work out" seems like an excuse to me to justify things which caused it to not work out. IMO, if the marriage doesn't work out, it's operator error, so to speak. Razz
Back to top Go down
TexasLady
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.

Female
Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:00 am

Many divorces could be avoided if people would solve problems before they got married or waiting to discuss things until after they get married. Never enter a marriage thinking you can change someone. If you want to change someone then that is not the person for you. Discuss things before marriage Like should you have children, do you want children, what do you expect out of a marriage, etc. some people go into marriage thinking it is going to be nothing but roses but in marriage you learn to take the good with the bad but I do think if the bad gets too bad then it is time to end it. People change over the years and sometimes their priorities change with them and if people cannot get along and argue all the time or no longer enjoy each other it is time to dissolve the marriage. Life is too short to live with someone that makes you unhappy.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:04 pm

If it's not working out, there is no need to stay together. I believe you should really work at your marriage and divorce should be the last result. Nobody who gets married and actually wants to get married does so with the intentions of it not being for a lifetime. You should never be in a relationship you're not happy with it.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 11:30 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
^^^^The problem is that "marriages just don't work out" seems like an excuse to me to justify things which caused it to not work out. IMO, if the marriage doesn't work out, it's operator error, so to speak. Razz

Doesn't matter why. The bottom line is that the two are no longer in sync, are miserable being together and are potentially bringing each other down. When that happens, it's time to give up the ghost and let it go.

And sometimes it's not operator error. Sometimes two people simply grow in two different directions, and cease having the same mindset and life goals that they did when they got married. It happens.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 2:06 am

I am divorced. I was married for ten yrs and don't think my ex wife and me ever truly got along. There was always bickering and arguing...I wasn't happy, she wasn't happy. We resented each other and as time went out we were only at peace when we were apart. Homelife was always edgy. There was aspects of the marriage that were great, I got 3 kids out of it and for that there's always gonna be love between us. But the marriage just wasn't gonna preserve through the angst. Agreed with the sentiment that sometimes you have to give up the ghost.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 8:27 am

Marc wrote:

Doesn't matter why. The bottom line is that the two are no longer in sync, are miserable being together and are potentially bringing each other down. When that happens, it's time to give up the ghost and let it go.

And sometimes it's not operator error. Sometimes two people simply grow in two different directions, and cease having the same mindset and life goals that they did when they got married. It happens.

See I think that's crap. I think it's also an illusion. So what happens when people get tired of their kids? OOPS, eight years of Billy, now he's a brat, I'm giving him away. Razz Sorry, but I think divorce in cases of non-abuse is an excuse that people contrive, and the excuses people make for divorces often aren't there until somebody else is waiting in the wings.

No, operator error. Maybe it was when they got married, they did it too fast, or they just did it cause they were "in love." They never bothered to build a true foundation for marriage, hence when it crumbles, it is indeed operator error.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 8:31 pm

I think my major issue with the divorce rate is that too many folks don't think enough about the long term before they get married. They rush in then it ends up not being a good match, so it is easy to get out. I am not saying they should not get out, if it is not working. I just think that a lot of it could be avoided if they were more cautious prior to getting married.

I have known about three women who married because they had been together so long, it was the next thing to do. And not so much because they were with the right person to spend a lifetime with.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:50 am

Some people get caught up in the moment and rush into marriage, before sitting down and discussing with each other pertinent life goals and making sure they are in sync. They also marry hoping that time will fade each others fatal character flaws. People have a glamorous, fantasy-like perception of what marriage will mean, while ignoring practicality.

That being said...
Even though failed marriages are 100% the fault of the couple, two people should not stay married if the relationship is personally destructive or if they are habitually unhappy in it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your opinion of Divorce   Your opinion of Divorce Empty

Back to top Go down

Your opinion of Divorce
Page 1 of 1