CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+23
MandyPerfumeGirl
LVJoel
tmontyb
Marc™
Tigereyes
femme fatale
pisces33
Kral
Impact
kinetic
Wadsworth
Nystyle709
CeCe
Nhaiyel
CatEyes10736
Tony Marino
Jason B.
captainbryce
Forgiveness Man
JADACITY
RobbieFTW
SecHandNews
Chris
27 posters

Gay marriage: your opinion?

Poll

Are you in favor of marriage rights for same sex couples?

[ 21 ]
    Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Bar_left84%Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Bar_right [84%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Bar_left8%Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Bar_right [8%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Bar_left4%Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Bar_left4%Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Bar_right [4%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Bar_left0%Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 25
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Gay marriage: your opinion? - Page 2 Empty Re: Gay marriage: your opinion?

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:52 am

RobbieFTW wrote:

It appears to me that someone is a HOMOPHOBE and you know what they say about homophobes and their own latent homosexual desires! :biggrin: Wink

Wink
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:51 pm

@Tony: If somebody needs to be more enlightened on the subject, how about doing some enlightening instead of just making declarations?

@Robbie: Nothing said meets the definition of homophobia(no hate, no fear, not seeing eye to eye doesn't equate to homophobia), and latent sexual desires? Down boy. Sorry to burst your bubble, I'm taken. Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:58 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:@Tony: If somebody needs to be more enlightened on the subject, how about doing some enlightening?

No thanks, I have seen some of your discussions with other board members and you are pretty much one track and besides I stay clear of heated debates and politics. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you are entitled to yours.

@Robbie: Nothing said meets the definition of homophobia(no hate, no fear, not seeing eye to eye doesn't equate to homophobia), and latent sexual desires? Sorry, I'm taken.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:02 pm

^^^^ I'm actually not all that one-track, no more than anybody else anyway.(Everyone is either "one track" or doesn't know what they believe anyway. Wink )

If I have a right to my opinions, than you must concede that both of the quoted comments weren't called for then. Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:04 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^ I'm actually not all that one-track, no more than anybody else anyway.(Everyone is either "one track" or doesn't know what they believe anyway. Wink )

If I have a right to my opinions, than slapping on labels like homophobia or a supposed need for enlightenment just contradict that. Wink

Just saying what I saw (enlightenment) however you are still entitled to your opinion even if I don't agree.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:15 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Just saying what I saw (enlightenment) however you are still entitled to your opinion even if I don't agree.
    Uhuh... eye roll Well, fine enough for now.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:19 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Uhuh... eye roll Well, fine enough for now.

Cool. Surprised Wink
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:56 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^Because the burden of proof of that is on those wishing to change the law. Nobody has offered any logical reason why they SHOULD change the definition other than that "they want to."
    LOL, are you serious? Two consenting adults who happen to be of the same sex want to legally cement their union and are unable to because the 'law' says that two men and two women shouldn't be marrying. Where do you fail to see the logic in that?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:LOL, are you serious? Two consenting adults who happen to be of the same sex want to legally cement their union and are unable to because the 'law' says that two men and two women shouldn't be marrying. Where do you fail to see the logic in that?

Everywhere. "They want to do it so they should be able to." boo-fucking-hoo That's not a logical reason.

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

Everywhere. "They want to do it so they should be able to." boo-fucking-hoo That's not a logical reason.
    What's your logic reason for opposing it?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    What's your logic reason for opposing it?

How about the lack of a logical reason to change it? Razz
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

How about the lack of a logical reason to change it? Razz

LOL, you truly are funny. This isn't about 'logical reasoning' or whatever other bullshit you want to come up with. You personally don't like gays and think it's a sin and a disgrace for them to be married. You don't want the 'law' to recognize this type of behavior. Maybe you get that notion that gays are an abomination from your Bible....I don't know...but I'll let you in on something: gay people have been around since the beginning of time. If you and your wife can get married because 'you want to' then Jack and James or Teresa and Maria should be able to too. I personally don't care if gay marriage is legalized or not since I'm not gay....but I can be objective and realize when bullshit is present.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:33 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL, you truly are funny. This isn't about 'logical reasoning' or whatever other bullshit you want to come up with. You personally don't like gays and think it's a sin and a disgrace for them to be married. You don't want the 'law' to recognize this type of behavior. Maybe you get that notion that gays are an abomination from your Bible....I don't know...but I'll let you in on something: gay people have been around since the beginning of time. If you and your wife can get married because 'you want to' then Jack and James or Teresa and Maria should be able to too. I personally don't care if gay marriage is legalized or not since I'm not gay....but I can be objective and realize when bullshit is present.

1. I don't like gays? And you say I BS? I don't got any problems with gays.

2. I think everybody is a sinner. I don't hate people cause they are sinners. Razz

3. You might wanna check teh mirror if you think you smell BS. As for me and my "wife"...... Razz

4. I am being objective; hence why I don't get caught up in the "they want to" argument.

So your entire post is just one uneducated guess that is wrong.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:41 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

1. I don't like gays? And you say I BS? I don't got any problems with gays.

2. I think everybody is a sinner. I don't hate people cause they are sinners. Razz

3. You might wanna check teh mirror if you think you smell BS. As for me and my "wife"...... Razz

4. I am being objective; hence why I don't get caught up in the "they want to" argument.

So your entire post is just one uneducated guess that is wrong.
    LOL, silly rabbit....you leave room for assumptions when you haven't said ONE thing that supports why you feel the notion to legalize gay marriage is wrong. The question was asked and you basically said you are going to be the rebel and say 'no'. Okay, now say (seriously) why it shouldn't? What really is your personal belief that it shouldn't? You bullshit answer was 'there is no logical reason to change it'. Well, everyone in favor of gay marriage gave a 'logical' reason why they should change it and you're still dancing around the subject. Whatever man. Like I told you in the abortion thread...you need to step into the 21st century. Or get laid more often.....one or the other.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:45 pm

You would have more of an argument if you were to say "well, I don't think marriage should be between two persons of the same sex. I believe marriage should only be between a man and a woman". THAT would be more of a logical reason as to why you would oppose the legalization of gay marriage instead of offering the "I don't see the logic to change it".
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:06 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^Because the burden of proof of that is on those wishing to change the law. Nobody has offered any logical reason why they SHOULD change the definition other than that "they want to."

If there is a community of people (American citizens, who pay taxes just like everyone else) wishing to partake in this civil institution, then that is all the reason needed. It seems to me that the homophobes...excuse me, the opposers...make the positive claims and that they bear the burden of proof, and that pro gay rights activists should not need to present any proof because they make no positive claims other than that it is their right. It is the naysayers that make a positive claim that gay marriage is wrong that need to present evidence for their statement.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:21 pm

^^^^ Oh, so because they pay taxes, they have a right to redefine marriage. In that case, I'ma taking three wives.(Don't worry, they'll all pay taxes) We won't be hurting anybody and it will be easier to raise a family with three Moms. Razz And sorry, you do make the positive claims, hence the burden of proof falls on you. But we'll call anybody who doesn't support gay marriage a homophopbe because calling people names is the best way to show that you aren't as intolerant as you make them out to be. *sighs The burden of proof is on the ones looking to make the change. There is no logical reason to make the change, hence they contrive catchphrases and call their "opponents" names to cloak that fact.

Nystyle709 wrote:LOL, silly rabbit....you leave room for assumptions when you haven't said ONE thing that supports why you feel the notion to legalize gay marriage is wrong. The question was asked and you basically said you are going to be the rebel and say 'no'. Okay, now say (seriously) why it shouldn't? What really is your personal belief that it shouldn't? You bullshit answer was 'there is no logical reason to change it'. Well, everyone in favor of gay marriage gave a 'logical' reason why they should change it and you're still dancing around the subject. Whatever man. Like I told you in the abortion thread...you need to step into the 21st century. Or get laid more often.....one or the other.

Step into the 21st Century? lol I'm there, I just don't use it as an excuse to try and justify a bunch of crap. Razz As for me getting laid more often, I'll leave my response to that off. Wink But thanks for the tip. Razz

So you want me to say that marriage should only be between one man and one woman? I thought you could see that when I said that it shouldn't be changed.(Sorry, I gave you the credit of seeing that on your own. You assumed so much about me that wasn't true, I figured you could see at least one thing that was.) Your wrong that everybody presented logical reasons to change it, they said "they want it, they should get it" in summary, and that just ain't logical. Marriage is between one man and one woman, that's what marriage is. Those wishing to redefine it have the burden of proving logical reasons better than "we want it changed."

Side note: Looking at the word, homophobia, it's amazing how ridiculously overused it is. I could so write a spoof about how ridiculous the usage of that word has become.

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:22 pm

Methinks the lady doth protests too much.

Seriously, anyone bothering wasting energy being opposed marriage rights for same sex couples is a tool...and, IMO, suspect (they say misery loves company. I notice that bitter, closeted, unhappy gays tend to dislike seeing other gays who aren't as stifled as they are.) It doesn't effect anyone else if random m/m or f/f couples who they don't even know decide to tie the knot. You won't be subpoenaed to come throw rice.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:25 pm

Impact wrote:and, IMO, suspect [i](they say misery loves company.

This is really a hoot. LMAO! Support gay marriage or you are a closted gay person. lol
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Impact Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:28 pm

Come on out the closet Forgiveness, we won't hate you for it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:30 pm

Impact wrote:Come on out the closet Forgiveness, we won't hate you for it.

Not interested; I'm happily taken. Razz
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Impact Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Who's the lucky guy?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Impact wrote:Who's the lucky guy?

You mean lucky gal? Razz IDK what guy you'd be talking about! U writing some fanfic I don't know about?
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:58 pm

Forgiveness_Man, why are you so against gay marriage?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:58 pm

Kral wrote:Forgiveness_Man, why are you so against gay marriage?
    I thought I explained it. It ain't got nothing to do with hating gay people. It's merely a belief that marriage is one thing and one thing alone. The poll did ask a question, and I didn't think only one answer was allowed. Razz

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:04 am