CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Rent/Mortgage

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Rent/Mortgage Empty Rent/Mortgage

Post by wants2laugh Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:23 am

My rent is going up in a couple months and i am not happy. I have a 1 bdrm, 980 sq ft apt, with wash/dryer, dishwasher, gar disposal. I will be paying $965 per month.

My house that was destroyed was only $522 per month for a 3 bdrm 1 bath rancher with 1900 sq ft on almost an acre of land. That price did not include taxes/insurance.

What are your mortgages/rents like???
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Rent/Mortgage Empty Re: Rent/Mortgage

Post by Shale Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:24 am

My one room efficiency on Miami Beach is probably 350 sq ft and costs $655 a month. Been there 8 years and when I started it was $575 a month. I have to pay gas and electric.

I had a condo for a while in 2001 of the same size in the same neighborhood and my mortgage was only $300 a month - but you have to factor in maintenance fee of $100 a month & insurance. Plus, after trying that for two years I sold the place and made $5K profit on it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 pm

W2L, we pay a little bit more than you for a 2 bedroom that is slightly larger than your place. 1 & 3/4 baths. The kitchen is tiny but we have central air, gas for cooking and we only pay for electricity. There's about a 6x12 screened in back porch (we're on the 2nd fl). About the only bad thing is there isn't much parking where we are. We're on a cul de sac so some people have to try to park on a radius. No assigned parking and they don't paint lines to let some of the knuckle heads know when they've taken up two spots.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:32 pm

Our rent is going up in Jan, it will be about 220. Our mortgage is 300 per month. We own a mobile home inn a senior park. It is 1300 sq. ft. has 2 bedrooms 2 baths and a very large addition with a big mudroom, coat closet and we keep the freezer and my cook book case there. Then the biggest room in the place is also in the addition it doubles as hubby's exercise room , guest room and storage room. we have a large deck and a covered carport. We love it. Probably 30 years ago a doctor told me to stay off stairs well in Canada that is impossible as every place has a basement and the laundry and heater are invariably kept in the basement. Finally I am no longer faced with stairs every day!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:56 pm

LOL. I always laugh when I hear people complain about their rent elsewhere. Of course, I know it's all a matter of what you're used to and where you live. What you think is expensive, I'd be lucky to find that in a DECENT apartment in NYC. Sounds like you got a really nice place for $965. I would LOVE to pay that for a one bedroom apt. How bout we switch W2L? You pay my rent and I'll pay yours. You won't be complaining after 2 months, lol.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:18 pm