Offensive holiday lights and decoration Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Offensive holiday lights and decoration

Go down 
+6
CatEyes10736
RedBedroom
CeCe
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Offensive holiday lights and decoration Empty
PostSubject: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:23 am

Should homeowners have the right to put up any kind of holiday lights display, even if it may be deemed offensive to others? Take for instance this:

Offensive holiday lights and decoration Santa-peeing-christmas-lights

What if it was something more blatant; like a design with sexual innuendo?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 3:17 pm

It would be nice if people could beahve with a modicum of decency and consideration. Although I think the example is kind of funny, I understand why others would object. Every town is going to have their line that they don't want people to cross. That's lawyers are for.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 3:18 pm

I think they should not be offensive to the general public, who wants to hear whining during the holiday season not to mention the nasty rumors passed around.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Everyone is offended by something but I agree, let the city or county work it out. FWIW the example is amusing. I wouldn't be bothered by that.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 pm

I think neighbors would have a right to complain if they thought a light display was inappropriate.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:43 pm

I agree with those who say that it should rely heavily upon the city or area. If someone puts something on public display that is community standards of the area, then fine them.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 9:51 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
It would be nice if people could beahve with a modicum of decency and consideration. Although I think the example is kind of funny, I understand why others would object. Every town is going to have their line that they don't want people to cross. That's lawyers are for.

Offensive holiday lights and decoration 35166

And that example was hilarious. Makes me wanna put up lights now.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:09 am

Poor taste is unfortunate but whatever. I snickered at the pissing Santa too.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 10:11 am

RedBedroom wrote:
I think neighbors would have a right to complain if they thought a light display was inappropriate.

This is why I still haven't dumped the ACLU. For all their wrong battles, they do protect ppl's right to express themselves, which is protected by the U.S. Constitution.

I am thinking of neighbors complaining about a Star of David light or a Wiccan Pentagram, which in some Christian enclaves would be considered inappropriate.

"Inappropriate" is an overbroad term not supported by law. It is just an opinion and often wrong.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 10:23 pm

I think that picture is funny too....but seriously, don't be crass just for the sake of being crass. I wouldn't complain, but I wouldn't be mad if some kind of city ordinance restricted shit like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offensive holiday lights and decoration   Offensive holiday lights and decoration Empty

Back to top Go down

Offensive holiday lights and decoration
Page 1 of 1