CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Cheaps
Shale
Alan Smithee
Chris
8 posters

Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. Empty Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.

Post by Chris Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:47 am

People who grew up an only child often have differing self awareness and social perspectives than those who grew up with a house full of siblings. If you're an only child, have you ever found it difficult to relate to (or get along with) people who have siblings?
    If you have siblings, do you ever find it difficult to relate to people who don't?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. Empty Re: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm

I have one brother and my wife has 2 plus a sister so we haven't had any issues. Can't think of a problem I've had with an only child because they were an only child. Sometimes the "baby" of a large family can be a bigger pain in the ass.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. Empty Re: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.

Post by Shale Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

I was an only child for about five years, then my sister came along and mucked up my star status. I don't think it really changed me that much - didn't really interact with my sister that much other than sitting with her at dinner and fighting over stuff. She had her interests and they didn't interest me.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Chris wrote:
    If you have siblings, do you ever find it difficult to relate to people who don't?

Naw, one of my good friends is an only child.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Wouldn't say so. I only have one brother and one sister, so I didn't grow up in a totally full house so much so that my sibs are like this "package" deal where I'm concerned and are always around.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 pm

One thing I notice about friends that don't have sibs is that they don't like it as much when you bring others along. Probably goes back to never having to share their parents.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm

For all intents and purposes, I was raised an only child. I guess it can become odd to try and relate to people who come from big families and have their siblings intertwined so heavy in their life and all that. Even to this day I can't relate to someone allowing their brothers and sisters opinions and actions dictate what their gonna do and why.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm

No. People who grew up an only child can be stingy as a motherfucker though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:39 am