Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.

Go down 
+4
Cheaps
Shale
Alan Smithee
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. Empty
PostSubject: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.   Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:47 am

People who grew up an only child often have differing self awareness and social perspectives than those who grew up with a house full of siblings. If you're an only child, have you ever found it difficult to relate to (or get along with) people who have siblings?
If you have siblings, do you ever find it difficult to relate to people who don't?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.   Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:52 pm

I have one brother and my wife has 2 plus a sister so we haven't had any issues. Can't think of a problem I've had with an only child because they were an only child. Sometimes the "baby" of a large family can be a bigger pain in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.   Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm

I was an only child for about five years, then my sister came along and mucked up my star status. I don't think it really changed me that much - didn't really interact with my sister that much other than sitting with her at dinner and fighting over stuff. She had her interests and they didn't interest me.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.   Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:27 pm

Chris wrote:

If you have siblings, do you ever find it difficult to relate to people who don't?

Naw, one of my good friends is an only child.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.   Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:31 pm

Wouldn't say so. I only have one brother and one sister, so I didn't grow up in a totally full house so much so that my sibs are like this "package" deal where I'm concerned and are always around.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.   Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 pm

One thing I notice about friends that don't have sibs is that they don't like it as much when you bring others along. Probably goes back to never having to share their parents.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.   Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm

For all intents and purposes, I was raised an only child. I guess it can become odd to try and relate to people who come from big families and have their siblings intertwined so heavy in their life and all that. Even to this day I can't relate to someone allowing their brothers and sisters opinions and actions dictate what their gonna do and why.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.   Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:24 pm

No. People who grew up an only child can be stingy as a motherfucker though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.   Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings. Empty

Back to top Go down

Having difficulty relating to people who do/don't have siblings.
Page 1 of 1