Would you marry someone for their money? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you marry someone for their money?

Go down 
+10
TSJFan4Ever
Jason B.
DarkOblivion
Nystyle709
JM130ELM
RedBedroom
Supernova
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
femme fatale
14 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Would you marry someone for their money? Empty
PostSubject: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:31 am

Someone who you're not in love with and is worth half a billion dollars offers to marry you, would you do it?

This question is unisex (Guys I'm talking to you too).
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:02 am

**** NO!
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:01 am

Well.............depends on how old they are.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 10:56 am

Hell no. I'm not Anna Nicole Smith.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 am

Not today. But in the future, if I am single and I don't see any romantic prospects...maybe. If we were close in age.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:17 pm

It's as good a reason to get married as any IMO.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
Well.............depends on how old they are.

laughing . For real. Then I would have to seriously think about it.

Side note: this happened to my dad once. A woman offered him 50k to marry her so she could be an American citizen. He turned her down but he told me that he really had to think about that one, lol.
Back to top Go down
DarkOblivion
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
DarkOblivion

Male
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:26 pm

I absolutely WOULD! Blue Cool
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:59 pm

Come on now, if someone worth 1/2 a billion dollars proposed to me, there's about a 8.5 out of 10 chance I would say yes.

I'm generally not for sale, but that price would be enough for write SOLD on my ass. :biggrin:
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:27 pm

For the most part, no, but I guess in the right situation, I might say yes - depending on his reasons. It would depend on the kind of person he was and why he wanted to marry me and I'd need to feel at least some attraction to him. I'd want to know if he was a good person who obtained his money legally.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:41 pm

I could just say no, but I know nothing is definite.

It depends. If sex were involved, I would have to be physically attracted or it's no deal. If no sex were involved, it truly depends on the circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:46 pm

I would have to have a damn good reason, like I'm on the verge of financial depletion, or am in need of a boatload of money for an impending issue. I wouldn't marry someone wealthy, solely for the sake of having access to their good life. Plus when you sell yourself to someone like that, they essentially own a piece of you. The good life that they can provide, they can easily take away, and I imagine that both parties are keenly aware of who has the power and servitude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Yup - that's why I'd be hesitant, Chris. I mean - if I was already in love with him and he happened to be a multi-millionaire, that would be different but to marry him just because he's wealthy? I wouldn't say it would never happen, but it would really depend on the circumstances and reasons and what kind of person he was.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:49 pm

I'd never marry a millionaire or billionaire anyway, all that money could buy them a lot of friends in high places and make you disappear off the face of the earth if one day he got tired of you or just turned into a full fledged psycho.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:54 pm

Quote :
I imagine that both parties are keenly aware of who has the power and servitude

Come on now, Chris, you just took all the fun out of my daydreaming that some billionaire might come propose!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 8:58 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Quote :
I imagine that both parties are keenly aware of who has the power and servitude

Come on now, Chris, you just took all the fun out of my daydreaming that some billionaire might come propose!

:biggrin: sorry

But at the same time, the size of that heated swimming pool makes being a trophy spouse worth it!

See, I came back around to your side! laughing
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 9:01 pm

LOL, well done!
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 12:22 am

Hell yeah. And then they can come with me to work when I tell those fools I quit.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 1:04 am

LOL, Marc!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:51 pm

Marc wrote:
Hell yeah. And then they can come with me to work when I tell those fools I quit.

LMAO! . Reminds of the sketch with Dave Chappelle and Oprah on the Chapelle show.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:53 pm

Chris wrote:
I would have to have a damn good reason, like I'm on the verge of financial depletion, or am in need of a boatload of money for an impending issue. I wouldn't marry someone wealthy, solely for the sake of having access to their good life. Plus when you sell yourself to someone like that, they essentially own a piece of you. The good life that they can provide, they can easily take away, and I imagine that both parties are keenly aware of who has the power and servitude.

Now see, I'd just stack my money and get what I can while I'm living the good life. You can be smart about it. By the time he thinks he's done with me....best believe I wouldn't be worried or would try to challenge the pre-nup! :biggrin:
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:49 am

Pending a contractual agreement that should we divorce for any reason, I get a lump sum.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:59 am

bump
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptySun May 29, 2011 8:44 am

Depends on how old they are!
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? EmptyMon May 30, 2011 2:08 am

Yeah - age would be a factor for me, too. I was one this one dating website and this guy who was old enough to be my Dad was really offended when I told him I wanted someone close to my own age. Another guy was 30 years older than me and again, the same thing. I was totally grossed out. I don't know if I could fall for someone my Dad's age, even if he had lots of money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you marry someone for their money?   Would you marry someone for their money? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you marry someone for their money?
Page 1 of 1