CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Marc™
Alan Smithee
MandyPerfumeGirl
Wadsworth
JM130ELM
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
DarkOblivion
12 posters

The "Morning After" pill

DarkOblivion
    DarkOblivion
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

The "Morning After" pill Empty The "Morning After" pill

Post by DarkOblivion Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:42 am

For/Against?
    You consider this another form of abortion?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

The "Morning After" pill Empty Re: The "Morning After" pill

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:43 am

I do consider it another form of abortion. I think all birth control is fairly dumb to begin with. So yeah, this takes it even further and it's dumb if you ask me. (*let loose the hounds) Boneheads? Yeah, if you use it. xD

Last edited by Forgiveness_Man on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:32 am

Totally for. Contrary to what these boneheads think, the morning after pill PREVENTS CONCEPTION. It does not and will not terminate a fertilized egg....therefore it is not another form of abortion.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:44 am

The Morning After pill is no more of an "abortion" than condoms with spermicidal lubricant.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:25 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:I do consider it another form of abortion. I think all birth control is fairly dumb to begin with. So yeah, this takes it even further and it's dumb if you ask me. (*let loose the hounds) Boneheads? Yeah, if you use it. xD

LOL, and you wanna call somebody else touchy.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:LOL, and you wanna call somebody else touchy.
    I'm not touchy about it at all. I kind of look at it like somebody else cutting themselves.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:51 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:I'm not touchy about it at all. I kind of look at it like somebody else cutting themselves.

LOL, yeah...you weren't touchy enough to go back and edit the post after I commented. Now THAT'S funny.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL, yeah...you weren't touchy enough to go back and edit the post after I commented. Now THAT'S funny.
    Not at all. I was just too lazy to make another post. Razz
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Forgiveness_Man probably against the regular BC pill too. Against sex outside marriage, abortion, divorce & think sex education is telling kids to have sex. Probably against condoms too. Man what's it like to be living in 1955 in 2010?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:11 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Not at all. I was just too lazy to make another post. Razz

But you had the time to find your original post, re-edit it AND include the eloquently specific noun "bonehead"? Mmkay.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:16 pm

^^^You got it NY. Had I made another post altogether, I would've had a lot more to say. Razz Hence I edited the comment.

Wadsworth wrote:Forgiveness_Man probably against the regular BC pill too. Against sex outside marriage, abortion, divorce & think sex education is telling kids to have sex. Probably against condoms too. Man what's it like to be living in 1955 in 2010?
    I actually am living in 2010, and living it my way is actually great. I just don't conform to things that don't pass the smell test just cause everyone else is. I'll enjoy 2010 without jumping off a bridge just to prove to other people that I don't live in '55.

As for the BC pill, it's a dumb concept to me. I feel values are timeless and I think things people have accepted under the guise of "progress" have been more regressive than anything. I'm anti-conformity and I am comfortable being anti-conformity. Razz Sorry if my mind is too open to step back and see when people are accepting a bunch of crap that really just makes no sense. (And FTR, most of the things you mentioned are not things I care to stop other people from doing. All but one I take a live and let live attitude to)
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:33 pm

I personally don't feel the morning after pill is a form of abortion. As one poster mentioned, it's before conception takes place. I'm 100% for the morning after pill. As for what Forgiveness Man has to say, I agree - he's living in the old age! I think he might change his mind if men, instead of women, were the ones to go through childbirth.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:55 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:I personally don't feel the morning after pill is a form of abortion. As one poster mentioned, it's before conception takes place. I'm 100% for the morning after pill. As for what Forgiveness Man has to say, I agree - he's living in the old age! I think he might change his mind if men, instead of women, were the ones to go through childbirth.
    II'm definitely not the one living in a different age. "You'd feel differently if men gave birth!" So ridiculous and really has no ground given many women think the same way.

I'm not living in any old age. I just live in a practical world where I am not afraid to call crap where I see it, even if it is widely accepted crap. So you say old age, I say not gullible. Funny how if you don't accept some things, you must be "old fashioned." Gosh, and people say I'm the one who can't tolerate people who are different from me. boring
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:36 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:I think all birth control is fairly dumb to begin with. So yeah, this takes it even further and it's dumb if you ask me. (*let loose the hounds) Boneheads? Yeah, if you use it. xD

Please explain why contraception in general is "fairly dumb". The alternative being bringing unwanted children into the world who's parents, in many cases, lack the means to adequately cloth and feed them. Is this a religious view with you…that sex is only for procreation?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:25 am

It's no more a form of abortion than the regular pill.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:19 am

alansmithee wrote:

Please explain why contraception in general is "fairly dumb". The alternative being bringing unwanted children into the world who's parents, in many cases, lack the means to adequately cloth and feed them. Is this a religious view with you…that sex is only for procreation?
    Part of it is religious I admit. The other part is purely natural. It's simply that I think medicine is there to make the body work right. When something comes along that makes the body work wrong, I am against it. To me, the pill is like a pill that makes you vomit up anything with over 200 calories in it, under the ridiculous guise of "the alternative is to get fat and deal with lifelong health issues." Medicine is to make something right that isn't wrong. If you're heart isn't working right, you can take medicine to make it work right. If you got a pain, it's indicative of something wrong and you take medicine to remedy it. Birth control takes something that IS working right, a woman's ability to have children, and makes it not work right. From the a natural POV, it's dumb to me. It seems to be like messing with a pandora's box.

And I really think the "alternative" is crap too. If people can't afford children, they should think twice before having sex in the first place. The "alternative" is not an alternative, it's a fabricated excuse used to justify a stupid drug. I am not seeking to ban it. If people wanna put this crap in their bodies then that's their right and they'll have to deal with any spiritual consequences themselves. But it doesn't make me old fashioned to not support it's usage. It just makes me anti-conformity. To me, it's dumb and I think the world will learn that one day. Until then, I say let people use it to stop themselves from procreating. I'm staying out of it. Oh yeah, that makes me so "old fashioned." I'm sure people say the same things to the guy not jumping off the bridge as they crash through the frozen water. I don't conform to something that doesn't pass the smell test with me just cause it's in style. If everyone else wants to do it, their business. Just don't expect me to not call it as I see it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:04 am

And I really think the "alternative" is crap too. If people can't afford children, they should think twice before having sex in the first place. The "alternative" is not an alternative, it's a fabricated excuse used to justify a stupid drug.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner but I was having some great sex without the worry of having another mouth to feed.

You are, of course entitled to your opinion, especially re something like unnatural hormonal contraception and that sex without the possibility of conception is ‘dumb”, “crap”, “unnatural”, “boneheaded”, etc. Fortunately, the majority of the six billion plus residents of earth don’t agree or there would be twenty billion of us by now. Anyone trying to get into Pandora’s box better use a condom!

I guess the following sums up your views?