CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
JM130ELM
tmontyb
Nystyle709
Marc™
TPP
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Forgiveness Man
GrayWolf
Kral
13 posters

The "Morning After" pill

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

The "Morning After" pill Empty The "Morning After" pill

Post by Kral Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:41 pm

The "Morning After" pill is now sold without a prescription to men and women 17 and older. That means women and men can get it directly from the pharmacist. It can be used up to 120 hours, or five days, after unprotected intercourse, but it's more effective the sooner it's taken.

Thoughts on this? Are you okay with the MA pill being sold over the counter to people under 18 like condoms.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

The "Morning After" pill Empty Re: The "Morning After" pill

Post by GrayWolf Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:53 pm

My latest takes EC and its a freaking GODsend.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:13 pm

No, I'm not okay with it. Razz But I guess nature wanted to do some weeding. Wink
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Better than a teenager going through child birth or an abortion...
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:28 pm

^^^^Maybe better, maybe not. Wink It's not like life just plops babies in the uterus. Razz
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm not comfortable with the morning after pill, but I also don't feel like it's my place to decide whether someone takes it or not. I'm torn about it being available without an Rx because I know the nature of it makes it something that you need right away, but I wouldn't want someone slipping it in my drink or my kid taking it without talking about it with me either. I really have mixed feelings on this one.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:00 pm

^^^^Somebody would never slip it in your drink. Don't be paranoid. Wink (Sarcasm)

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:^^^^Somebody would never slip it in your drink. Don't be paranoid. Wink (Sarcasm)

lol, I'm sure that they wouldn't slip it in MY drink, actually...But the potential for abuse is there, if it's easy to get and take. I don't have experience with it though, it may be more than one pill and then it wouldn't be so easy...
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:14 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:^^^^Somebody would never slip it in your drink. Don't be paranoid. Wink (Sarcasm)

lol, I'm sure that they wouldn't slip it in MY drink, actually...But the potential for abuse is there, if it's easy to get and take. I don't have experience with it though, it may be more than one pill and then it wouldn't be so easy...
    Stuff like this could never be abused. Wink
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:01 am

Just imagine some guy, after running up in his girl or some chick he took home, offering her a glass of water that he spiked with that shit. laughing

Personally I have no qualms with the Morning After pill. It's good trump card.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:06 am

Kral wrote:The "Morning After" pill is now sold without a prescription to men and women 17 and older. That means women and men can get it directly from the pharmacist. It can be used up to 120 hours, or five days, after unprotected intercourse, but it's more effective the sooner it's taken.

Thoughts on this? Are you okay with the MA pill being sold over the counter to people under 18 like condoms.

Yep. I don't see a problem with it at all. I have zero problems with birth control. It's not like they're selling it to 13 yr olds. You do have to show i.d. 17 is fine.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:12 am

thepossiblepolice wrote:

How can you abuse it? You can't get 'high' with it. The MA pill prevents conception. So if somehow in the five days before it loses its potency and a sperm cell actually fertilized an egg, the MA pill won't 'abort' the zygote or harm it in any way like some people believe. Nothing happens.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:52 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:

How can you abuse it? You can't get 'high' with it. The MA pill prevents conception. So if somehow in the five days before it loses its potency and a sperm cell actually fertilized an egg, the MA pill won't 'abort' the zygote or harm it in any way like some people believe. Nothing happens.

co-signs
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:59 am

Marc™️ wrote:Just imagine some guy, after running up in his girl or some chick he took home, offering her a glass of water that he spiked with that shit. laughing
    It would definitely make a rapist's job a little easier. They gotta invent a new pill to erase his DNA next! big grin
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:08 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    Marc™️ wrote:Just imagine some guy, after running up in his girl or some chick he took home, offering her a glass of water that he spiked with that shit. laughing
    It would definitely make a rapist's job a little easier. They gotta invent a new pill to erase his DNA next! big grin

blank stare @ you How exactly does it make a rapists job easier? The Morning After pill doesn't impede judgment like GHB, nor does kill the presence of the rapists sperm inside the victim. If anything it makes the rape victim rest a little easier to know that her attackers seed won't be fertilizing any of her eggs.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:18 am

JM130ELM wrote:blank stare @ you How exactly does it make a rapists job easier? The Morning After pill doesn't impede judgment like GHB, nor does kill the presence of the rapists sperm inside the victim. If anything it makes the rape victim rest a little easier to know that her attackers seed won't be fertilizing any of her eggs.
    I said a little easier. Once they create the new version that kills his sperm presence, then it makes it a lot easier! big grin

As for how it makes it a little easier now, he doesn't have to worry about impregnating her either and risk it being reported when she goes to get it aborted! (Assuming the clinic follows the law.) He can just give her the pill, and threaten her to keep quiet. Might work. It's not a runaway for them yet cause the pills got so much evolution to go through. But hey, it's a start. Wink They should have the date rape and morning after pills sold in a discount combo pack! big grin It's economical, and more environmentally friendly if you do it right. Smile
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:09 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:

I imagine that someone could force someone else to take it.

Abuse does not = getting high, IMO.

I don't know all the facts about EC, but it used to be, I believe, that it allowed a sperm to fertilize an egg, but made the uterine environment hostile to the fertilized egg. Maybe it's not that way any more, but birth control pills and depo provera do the same thing, only they also reduce the chances of ovulation. Still, some pregnancies are prevented, if you read the fine print, by the same mechanism. I personally don't take hormonal bc because I don't want to take that risk. I believe that life begins at conception, but I don't go around shoving that view down the throats of others, because we are all entitled to our own opinion about it.

Because of my beliefs about life beginning at conception, I believe that EC is just as serious as an abortion and shouldn't be something taken lightly. I think the same thing about hormonal birth control though, which is only available with an Rx.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:24 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:It would definitely make a rapist's job a little easier. They gotta invent a new pill to erase his DNA next! big grin

Generally it isn't the rapists intent to impregnate his victim. The pill isn't a sperm death ray, it just prevents the egg from implanting.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:27 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Agree with that, it has been wrongly called the "abortion pill" it does nothing of the sort, in fact if a fertilized egg has implanted in the uterus nothing happens. How much better that the young woman takes the pill rather than risk a pregnancy or an abortion. I hear people all the time say that "liberals love abortions", nothing could be farther from the truth we believe that it is a woman's right to choose, (when men can get pregnant, they can have that right too), but something that prevents abortions is really much preferable to my way of thinking. I seriously do not believe that women go into abortions without a lot of thought. I remember when Bush decided against aiding stem cell research it seemed like those against it thought women were going to rush right ouit and have an abortion for medical science. Really that is the most ludicrous idea ever.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Suzi wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:

Agree with that, it has been wrongly called the "abortion pill" it does nothing of the sort, in fact if a fertilized egg has implanted in the uterus nothing happens. How much better that the young woman takes the pill rather than risk a pregnancy or an abortion. I hear people all the time say that "liberals love abortions", nothing could be farther from the truth we believe that it is a woman's right to choose, (when men can get pregnant, they can have that right too), but something that prevents abortions is really much preferable to my way of thinking. I seriously do not believe that women go into abortions without a lot of thought. I remember when Bush decided against aiding stem cell research it seemed like those against it thought women were going to rush right ouit and have an abortion for medical science. Really that is the most ludicrous idea ever.

I don't object to it's use, but the MAP doesn't prevent conception if ovulation has already occurred and clinically it can cause an "abortion" by preventing the ovum from being implanted in the uterus.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Suzi wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:

I don't believe that they go into an abortion without a lot of thought either. However, there are plenty of women who don't realize that one of the ways that hormonal bc works is by preventing the implantation of a fertilized egg. Many women know it and don't care, but those who believe life begins at conception and would NEVER get an abortion, can get what amounts to a chemical abortion without them knowing it, because they are using birth control pills.

Like I said before though, I do believe, because when you need EC you need it right away, that it isn't as simple as just making it Rx only. I personally feel that people need to be informed of the way it works before they take it so that they can decide what they are personally morally comfortable with. I may have qualms about it being abused, but just because something can be abused, that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be available for those who feel that they need it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:51 pm

CeCe wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:It would definitely make a rapist's job a little easier. They gotta invent a new pill to erase his DNA next! big grin

Generally it isn't the rapists intent to impregnate his victim.

That's my point exactly! big grin
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    CeCe wrote:

Generally it isn't the rapists intent to impregnate his victim.

The pill really only benefits the victim. If he impregnates her, the evidence is already there. It only serves the purpose of enabling her to avoid being victimized twice.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:48 pm

CeCe wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:

The pill really only benefits the victim. If he impregnates her, the evidence is already there. It only serves the purpose of enabling her to avoid being victimized twice.

I think the pill actually victimizes her twice in it of itself, but that's beside the point. Razz

I know the evidence is already there. But a baby complicates matters. It's easier for a rapist to control a woman who doesn't get pregnant. Wink As I said, date rape and MAPs should be should in a two-pack! big grin
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:03 am

Without digging through the muck, I'm just gonna say that the MA pill just hinders conception from happening....it closes the door before the intruders (sperm) get into the house. It's no more an abort drug than spermicidal condoms are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:04 pm