CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

How much sympathy for parents who commit Suicide or try to?

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

How much sympathy for parents who commit Suicide or try to? Empty How much sympathy for parents who commit Suicide or try to?

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:13 am

I'm not talking about any random person who commits suicide but people with kids. I was thinking about this yesterday and was surprised at how little sympathy I have for people who have kids (parents) who commit suicide or make an attempt. Seems like the most selfish thing in the world IMO. Hope that doesn't sound too insensitive but how can someone with kids dare such a thing?
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How much sympathy for parents who commit Suicide or try to? Empty Re: How much sympathy for parents who commit Suicide or try to?

Post by Chris Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:39 am

I have a lot of sympathy for anyone who is in such a dark place that the thought of taking their own life seems like their only exit to Eden. I would hope that any parent who is that depressed would see their children as that extra motivation to try and do everything they can to claw their way out of their mental dungeon, but I guess it isn't always that practical.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

How much sympathy for parents who commit Suicide or try to? Empty Re: How much sympathy for parents who commit Suicide or try to?

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:53 am

I feel badly that they must have been in so much pain that they came to the point where they had to end their own lives just to stop the suffering. Hopefully they would have had previously made arrangements for their kids to be taken care of.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:14 pm