CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Nystyle709
Tony Marino
RobbieFTW
Forgiveness Man
Chris
9 posters

Do people have a 'right' to commit suicide?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do people have a 'right' to commit suicide? Empty Do people have a 'right' to commit suicide?

Post by Chris Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:25 am

Do you think that suicide, no matter how tragic and unfortunate, should be considered a human right? I.E., if someone doesn't want to live anymore, should they have a moral and/or legal right to take their own lives?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Do people have a 'right' to commit suicide? Empty Re: Do people have a 'right' to commit suicide?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:28 am

Legal? Well, I don't see how you can legally outlaw successful suicide. lol What are you going to do, prohibit them from burying the corpse? lol You can't legally ban suicide. Aiding it, however, I feel should remain a crime! big grin

As for a moral "right", the answer is simply NO! I mean, sure, again you have the "freedom" to do it, like you have the freedom to be a serial killer, but that doesn't mean your standing on morally sound ground.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Do people have a 'right' to commit suicide? Empty Re: Do people have a 'right' to commit suicide?

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:48 am

Only if theyre terminal do I support somebody's right to end it via assistance but if theyre just feeling severely depressed and dont wanna live, then no I dont support somebody deciding to take their life.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:48 am

It takes a lot of guts to takes one's own life, if someone does, they must have felt full of grief, despair and beyond help. I guess its your life and you have the right to decide what to do with it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:54 pm

I don't think this is a yes or no answer. It's not like you can 'punish' or reprimand a person for taking their own life. I feel that if there are signs that a person is about to check themselves out, then they should definitely be helped.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:14 pm

Chris wrote:Do you think that suicide, no matter how tragic and unfortunate, should be considered a human right? I.E., if someone doesn't want to live anymore, should they have a moral and/or legal right to take their own lives?

Yes.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:18 pm

Yes, absolutely. People should definitely have the human, moral and legal right to take their own lives. They were put on this earth and they have a right to live and die how they want to.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:25 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:if theyre just feeling severely depressed and dont wanna live, then no I dont support somebody deciding to take their life.

You're an idiot. You obviously have no experience dealing with depression and how traumatic it can be. Ignorant, ignorant slob.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:36 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
    RobbieFTW wrote:if theyre just feeling severely depressed and dont wanna live, then no I dont support somebody deciding to take their life.

You're an idiot. You obviously have no experience dealing with depression and how traumatic it can be. Ignorant, ignorant slob.

While I basically disagree with Robbie, and think ppl should have the right to take their life for whatever reason, I also think there should be some intervention for ppl who may be depressed and treatable - second chance so to speak.

That difference of opinion notwithstanding, I think your post is unduly harsh, combative and well ... just idiotic.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:37 pm

We've had this discussion before but I'll say it again. Suicide is too often a permanent solution to a temporary problem. That being said, except for extremes like wanting relief from a slow, painful and certain death or mental illness, if you want to do something stupid because your girlfriend dumped you, I guess everyone has a right to be stupid. And selfish if they're leaving family and friends to mourn them.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:49 am

Only if their situation is terminal and their day to day living is becoming increasingly painful do I think suicide....via assistance....should be a legal right.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:45 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:

I don't care that this is over a month old, I still gotta say that I'd rather be a slob than a bitch. . . like you. Wink You are unlikable as hell & I suggest you fix your attitude or never say anything else to me again.

To repeat what I said, with the exception of those who are losing a battle with terminal illness, won't get better & dying by inches, suicide is a permanent solution to what can very well be a TEMPORARY problem. If they are laying in a hospital bed in thriving PAIN and everyday is a physical struggle to do even the most basic of things, then I fully support their right to be assisted in ending that kind of pain.

If they're battling depression, then nope I don't support them being assisted in ending their life. I support them getting assistance and HELP to overcome how low their mood is at that moment and don't tell me it can't be done. I don't deny the pain of depression, but that's no excuse for someone to take their life. Not when depression is treatable and CAN be recovered from!!!

Now go fuck yourself with a rusted blade you agitated cow. Blue Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:27 pm