CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
femme fatale
Marc™
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
Chris
AtownPeep
11 posters

Seperated married couples dating other people.

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Seperated married couples dating other people. Empty Seperated married couples dating other people.

Post by AtownPeep Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:36 pm

Do you consider it cheating if someone who is married but separated dates other people? When I was a child and my parents separated, both of them dated and it didn't set right with me. They were still married.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Seperated married couples dating other people. Empty Re: Seperated married couples dating other people.

Post by Chris Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:05 am

Not at all. "Separated" means on hiatus from the relationship, and the rules of it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Seperated married couples dating other people. Empty Re: Seperated married couples dating other people.

Post by Tony Marino Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:28 am

Not at all if they are separated then that must mean something is amiss with that relationship.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:18 pm

No, I don't at all. But I think that people should be upfront about it all.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Technically speaking, yes. Because it doesn't take much or that long to get a divorce. I'm assuming you mean if both parties are mutually separated. All too often, only one person is considered 'separated'. Now, my folks were separated 8 yrs before they officially got divorced and yes, they dated other people, but the feelings were mutual and I would never condone waiting that long. I guess it depends on your situation. If you wanna date the exact day the ink is put on your divorce decree, cool....but I don't understand why you would get into relationships with other people knowing that you're still legally married to someone else. And what if you and your spouse decide that you two are going to separate for a little while to give each other space or whatever and then agree to not see other people but one of you winds up doing it anyway? The separation line constantly gets blurred IMO. Don't wanna be together anymore, break up the right way. You can always decide to get back together, you can always get remarried to one another.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:59 pm

If they're both aware of the separation, then no it's not cheating. However, if they have an argument and one of them storms out of the house, moves in their mother for a week, and proceeds to have sex with someone else....then I guess, yeah that's cheating.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:06 am

I guess technically it isn't, but spirtually I think is IF there are no plans for divorce.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:56 am

bump
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:20 am

The way I see it is that cheating is about lying. If everything is out in the open, it's not cheating. That goes for polyamorous couples, separated couples, etc.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:24 pm

It may be a generational thing but at one time devout Catholics DID NOT DIVORCE. However, I noticed in a very Catholic community of New Orleans they had a tradition of separating and taking on new lovers while still being married.

This was in the late '60s where I worked at a General Hospital in Marrero Louisiana that I knew several ppl who were living with a lover while still being married. Kinda strange when Phil an older guy had a heart attack and his young "wife" and kids showed up as well as Mrs. Phil his legal wife. They all knew of each other.

My affair with Mrs. "R" at that time was the same. She was still married to an Italian guy but separated. I was young and didn't even realize the risk of sleeping with a Mafioso's ol'lady. But I survived it.
    big grin
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:20 pm

No it's not cheating. Some states force a years separation on people in order to get a divorce. Life is happening now not 12 months into the future. When a couple is separated the rules change.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:07 pm

I wasn't comfortable with my mom and dad dating either and they WERE divorced, I think maybe thats just something kids don't really like?

If they agree to separate then I think dating is okay though.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:45 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:I wasn't comfortable with my mom and dad dating either and they WERE divorced, I think maybe thats just something kids don't really like?

If they agree to separate then I think dating is okay though.

I think those are very normal feelings for a child. They have the hope that mom & dad will get back together even when it's completely unrealistic. Or they just aren't able to picture either parent with someone else & are afraid one is being "replaced". Although I have seen it carried into adulthood in a very immature & intrusive way as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:35 am