Should kids be paid to go to school? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should kids be paid to go to school?

Go down 
+9
Forgiveness Man
Chris
Alan Smithee
CatEyes10736
JM130ELM
Nystyle709
TSJFan4Ever
Supernova
RobbieFTW
13 posters
AuthorMessage
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Should kids be paid to go to school? Empty
PostSubject: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Imagine if the government PAID kids to attend school, with the better the grades the better the pay. How would you feel about that?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:39 am

Kids don't do any better when their parents pay them, no matter what the amount. There's no good to come from paying people to do what they should be doing on their own accord in the first place.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:41 am

Where I live, First Nations kids are paid $50 a month as long as they don't miss more than 3 days. There's no accountability, though - the kid just has to be there but they don't seem to care if the kid does any work.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:44 am

Not a good idea AT ALL. The education in this country would devolve even further. Students wouldn't want to pay to get a degree when they got paid to get diploma.
Back to top Go down
JM130ELM
…is Necessary.
…is Necessary.
JM130ELM

Male
Rep : 32

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:48 am

Some responsibilities don't come with monetary compensation. School is one. They're getting paid an education, that's enough.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:03 pm

JM130ELM wrote:
Some responsibilities don't come with monetary compensation. School is one. They're getting paid an education, that's enough.

clapping

If every student were paid just $.10/a day, that would be enough to create a massive debt. No, they're learning essentials that will help them function in life. That's "payment" enough.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:46 pm

JM130ELM wrote:
co-signs
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:26 pm

JM130ELM wrote:

co-signs
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:47 pm

The government paying kids to go to school? You mean taxpayers paying kids to go to school! Razz No thanks. We waste too much money on bad education as it is.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
The government paying kids to go to school? You mean taxpayers paying kids to go to school! Razz No thanks. We waste too much money on bad education as it is.

Ha ha ha, Amen to that.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:16 pm

The thing that really bugs me is that SO many children in other countries would give anything to go to school, to have their education all but paid for. Education really is a privileged and I wish more kids would learn to see it that way.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:51 pm

They are....it's called academic scholarships.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 1:24 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
The thing that really bugs me is that SO many children in other countries would give anything to go to school, to have their education all but paid for. Education really is a privileged and I wish more kids would learn to see it that way.

Well it would be better if education came across as such a privilege instead of a punishment or a life sentence. You know, you go to classes for 6 hours a day, then some kids, they get so much homework they have to do it from the minute they get home until dinner, then after dinner until bed, then finisht it at breakfast to repeat the pattern the next day. Now that sounds like something FOR another country, China or some place where the kids have to study all the time and make good grades or they shame their family...it sounds like a method of torture, and a sure fire way to make any kid hate school.

Of course I didn't have to go through that and I didn't appreciate it all that much when I was younger either. I guess it's part of the territory, we come into the world and in a few years are convinced we know everything and what we will or won't need, and it's not until we grow up that we know better, some of us anyway.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:06 am

Supernova wrote:

Well it would be better if education came across as such a privilege instead of a punishment or a life sentence. You know, you go to classes for 6 hours a day, then some kids, they get so much homework they have to do it from the minute they get home until dinner, then after dinner until bed, then finisht it at breakfast to repeat the pattern the next day. Now that sounds like something FOR another country, China or some place where the kids have to study all the time and make good grades or they shame their family...it sounds like a method of torture, and a sure fire way to make any kid hate school.

Of course I didn't have to go through that and I didn't appreciate it all that much when I was younger either. I guess it's part of the territory, we come into the world and in a few years are convinced we know everything and what we will or won't need, and it's not until we grow up that we know better, some of us anyway.

I agree. How can we expect kids to value education when we make education such a burdensome experience? The compulsory school system is a failure and I think that is why kids don't value education. Homework doesn't help. When you're entire day is devoted to education, you WILL come to despise it. If kids in this country hate education, it is because of the stupid policies than dominate modern school. Heck, it's not even the education we care about anymore, it's the documents.

I am in the same boat. Liked it much better. No extra work designed solely to eat up my time. xD
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 9:32 am

JM130ELM wrote:

Should kids be paid to go to school? 35166
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:34 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:
Imagine if the government PAID kids to attend school, with the better the grades the better the pay. How would you feel about that?

Scholarships.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:54 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:

I would feel pretty mad about it! The government has no business to spend anymore money that it doesn't have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should kids be paid to go to school?   Should kids be paid to go to school? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should kids be paid to go to school?
Page 1 of 1