CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
FightSleep
CatEyes10736
binky04
Tony Marino
8 posters

Undercover Boss

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Undercover Boss Empty Undercover Boss

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:49 am

Anyone watch???
    binky04
    binky04
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 3

Undercover Boss Empty Re: Undercover Boss

Post by binky04 Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:08 pm

I watched the first 2 shows, what struck me as funny was the CEO of HOOTERS felt 1 of his managers was degrading the women WTF.......if your breast are to small you cannot work there.... They told my girlfriends grand daughter that at 34b she had to be at least a 34c and they don't like push up bras this was in Texas
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:33 pm

binky04 wrote:I watched the first 2 shows, what struck me as funny was the CEO of HOOTERS felt 1 of his managers was degrading the women WTF.......if your breast are to small you cannot work there.... They told my girlfriends grand daughter that at 34b she had to be at least a 34c and they don't like push up bras this was in Texas

Makes sense since all the girls I saw were pretty well enodowed.
    binky04
    binky04
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 3

Post by binky04 Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    binky04 wrote:I watched the first 2 shows, what struck me as funny was the CEO of HOOTERS felt 1 of his managers was degrading the women WTF.......if your breast are to small you cannot work there.... They told my girlfriends grand daughter that at 34b she had to be at least a 34c and they don't like push up bras this was in Texas

Ain't that the point to Hooters what i really want to know if these bosses really do anything after they see all there emplyees go through
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:38 pm

There's one thing I noticed about each of 3 episodes I've seen so far, it always gives me a laugh. All of the CEOs are surprised about how physically hard and demanding the work is for their underlings.

They are usually so full of aches and pains after only one shift, it's hard for them to go up to go to the next job.

Now the next time some paper pushing, meeting going, computer sitting CEO claims he works hard, I hope they decide to do undercover boss in their own company.

By the way, I really love this show.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:46 am

binky04 wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:

Ain't that the point to Hooters what i really want to know if these bosses really do anything after they see all there emplyees go through

Who knows, the whole thing could be scripted but I don't think so. I do think they do something or why would they bother doing this on national tv?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:47 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:There's one thing I noticed about each of 3 episodes I've seen so far, it always gives me a laugh. All of the CEOs are surprised about how physically hard and demanding the work is for their underlings.

They are usually so full of aches and pains after only one shift, it's hard for them to go up to go to the next job.

Now the next time some paper pushing, meeting going, computer sitting CEO claims he works hard, I hope they decide to do undercover boss in their own company.

By the way, I really love this show.

Right on the money Cat, I can't wait to see the CEO from White Castle this next episode.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:14 pm

The theme park boss on tonight's episode had me seriously crushing on him, but I don't think he was all that believable undercover. Something about the way he carried himself seemed like a manager to me. Especially the way he asked the employees questions.

Last edited by CatEyes10736 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by FightSleep Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:30 pm

It was ok tonight but there were too many sob stories and goody-goody employees in this one.
    Avenger
    Avenger
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : -1

Post by Avenger Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:01 am

The whole show is fake to me. Every week the formula is basically the same. No doubt the producers steak out either the employees with the most tragic or sympathetic background or are troublesome. Even if the employees are in the dark about the CEO being in their midst, they are still going to be on their P's & Q's and try to come off as earnest as possible when there's a camera crew right there filming them. Plus how many jobs have you had where your trainer who you only just met that day unloads all of their personal tragedies on you? LOL
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:23 am

It's a reality show, so naturally some of it IS staged for TV. The whole point of it is watching how well the undercover CEO is able to do the grunt work and to see the employees reactions to finding out who they are. How authentic the discourse is, or how well the employees do their job, is really secondary.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:The theme park boss on tonight's episode had me seriously crushing on him, but I don't think he was all that believable undercover. Something about the way he carried himself seemed like a manager to me. Especially the way he asked the employees questions.

He wasn't a very good actor, I agree. His questions virtually screamed decoy, and yes, I agree that he carried himself more like a boss than an employee.
    The commercials hyped this episode as being the most riveting of the season, but I think it was the weakest.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:33 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:The theme park boss on tonight's episode had me seriously crushing on him...but I don't think he was all that believable undercover. Something about the way he carried himself seemed like a manager to me. Especially the way he asked the employees questions.

I actually enjoyed the show last night but at one point, one of the employees looked like she was reading from a script. I sill liked it.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:02 am

I missed last night's episode because of CBS's Sunday night lineup habitually starting on a delay. Usually because of some stupid sports program from earlier that winds up throwing off the DVR recording.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:35 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:I missed last night's episode because of CBS's Sunday night lineup habitually starting on a delay. Usually because of some stupid sports program from earlier that winds up throwing off the DVR recording.

I missed it too (the CBS delay was annoying, the Amazing Race started 10 minutes late) I watched the Brothers and Sisters movie instead. I hope they repeat it, it looked like a good one.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:34 am

How long can they continue doing that show without the jig eventually being up?

Every episode follows the same formula:
    Undercover CEO goes in with a camera crew....they come up with some bogus excuse as to why they're being profiled....in the meantime, the CEO gets trained by/paired with the most tragic or sympathetic employees....CEO starts questioning them about their life....at the end of the episode they go for a car ride.

If some new hire accompanied by a camera crew showed up at my job, I would immediately suspect this show.

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:00 am

I watched tonight. The CEO was recognized by one of the employees but he handled it well. The part where the CEO had to dance was funny.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:10 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:I watched tonight. The CEO was recognized by one of the employees but he handled it well. The part where the CEO had to dance was funny.

It was a pretty boring episode IMO. There wasn't an employee who slacked and had to be reprimanded, that's why I watch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:06 am