CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

If event tickets are discounted, should pre-purchasers be refunded?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

If event tickets are discounted, should pre-purchasers be refunded? Empty If event tickets are discounted, should pre-purchasers be refunded?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:33 pm

I am a bit blown away by something. And I wonder if I am being realistic.

There was a couple's workshop retreat scheduled for October. It was advertised at $189 per couple. Due to low response to the event, the whole weekend is discounted to only $69 per couple. That is a huge difference. And they are NOT giving compensation of the difference to the people who have pre-registered for $189.

I understand having to make money for an event, but this is more than ten or twenty bucks here.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

If event tickets are discounted, should pre-purchasers be refunded? Empty Re: If event tickets are discounted, should pre-purchasers be refunded?

Post by GrayWolf Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:17 pm

I don't see why they shouldn't. Stores do price adjustments when items go on sale. Basically the same thing.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

If event tickets are discounted, should pre-purchasers be refunded? Empty Re: If event tickets are discounted, should pre-purchasers be refunded?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:20 am

Gray, thanks for the reply. I think they should.

Overall, it is poor business. This conference is in my town, and I was interested in attending and they said that if I did not want to stay in the hotel, they would discount me to $89. That was before they discounted the whole thing to $69. We can't go anyway, but if I had paid the $89, I would not like it. But I would be way more ticked if I had paid the full first asking price.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:16 am

Totally. If I can help it, I try to avoid non-refundable tickets. I paid for a service and would like my money's worth. If I can't get it, then give me money back. It's only right.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:18 am

Why not? If you don't get what you paid for, why should you get cheated?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:26 am