Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself

Go down 
+6
Supernova
RiteDiva
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Kral
Jason B.
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself Empty
PostSubject: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:02 pm

When the lines, gray hairs, bags, etc. start to form...do you
A) Suck it up and accept that nature takes its course
B) Fight it with Botox, lifts, Dyes, etc.
Back to top Go down
Kral
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Kral

Female
Rep : 30

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Option B! Razz
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:44 pm

A)suck it up for the most part. I've always dyed my hair & always will. But the nips tucks & botoxing just make people look like circus freaks. There has to be a limit as to how much the human face can be pulled & still kept on the front of your head. Lips that look like a baboons behind are not attractive. There are so many butchered faces all over the place this is one lesson I'm not going to have to learn the hard way for a change.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm 54 and have the body of a 25 year old. And if he ever finds out what I did to it he's going to be pissed! :biggrin:
Back to top Go down
RiteDiva
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
RiteDiva

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:01 pm

People who try and fight aging by artificial means just wind up getting older faster, and looking worse. You fight aging by staying healthy, being active, embracing change and acknowledging the truth. No one stays twenty-three forever (thank God.)
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:08 pm

No, no one stays 23 forever, much as we'd like to. But the only altering I intend to ever do is when I'm round about 50 or so, getting a breast reduction so that when I'm an old woman they don't sag down like suspenders. All other things, bring them on when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:08 pm

A man decides to have a face-lift for his birthday. He spends $5,000 and feels really good about the results. On his way home, he stops at a newsstand and buys a paper.

Before leaving, he says to the sales clerk, "I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old do you think I am?" "About 35," was the reply. "I'm actually 47," the man says, feeling really happy. After that, he goes into McDonalds for lunch and asks the clerk the same question. The reply is, "Oh, you look about 29". "I am actually 47."

Later, while standing at a bus stop, he asks an old woman the same question. She replies, "I am 85 years old, and my eyesight is going. But when I was young, there was a sure way of telling a man's age. If I put my hand down your pants and play with your balls for 10 minutes, I will be able to tell you your exact age."

As there was no one around, the man thinks, What the hell and lets her slip her hand down his pants. Ten minutes later, the old lady says, "Okay, it's done. You are 47." Stunned, the man says, "That was brilliant. How did you do that?" The old lady replies, "I was behind you at McDonalds."
Back to top Go down
RiteDiva
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
RiteDiva

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:16 pm

alan smithee wrote:
A man decides to have a face-lift for his birthday. He spends $5,000 and feels really good about the results. On his way home, he stops at a newsstand and buys a paper.

Before leaving, he says to the sales clerk, "I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old do you think I am?" "About 35," was the reply. "I'm actually 47," the man says, feeling really happy. After that, he goes into McDonalds for lunch and asks the clerk the same question. The reply is, "Oh, you look about 29". "I am actually 47."

Later, while standing at a bus stop, he asks an old woman the same question. She replies, "I am 85 years old, and my eyesight is going. But when I was young, there was a sure way of telling a man's age. If I put my hand down your pants and play with your balls for 10 minutes, I will be able to tell you your exact age."

As there was no one around, the man thinks, What the hell and lets her slip her hand down his pants. Ten minutes later, the old lady says, "Okay, it's done. You are 47." Stunned, the man says, "That was brilliant. How did you do that?" The old lady replies, "I was behind you at McDonalds."

laughing
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:18 am

LOL, Alan!

As far as the original topic, I color my hair. Always will. I doubt I would do any cosmetic surgery. I am not model, but there is no need. I am just the average me and that is fine.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:13 pm

alan smithee wrote:

LOL Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself 327433
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Well, since I already color my hair.....when I start seeing the gray hair coming in and I'm not feeling it, I'll definitely dye it. Won't even think about it. Other than that, I don't think I'd do anything drastic to combat aging. I'll try the wrinkle creams to see if it works and that's about it. Forget Botox and injecting foreign material into my body. I'm going to get older and if I don't want to age, then I should just kill myself. Want to 'look' younger, take care of your body from within.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Well, since I already color my hair.....when I start seeing the gray hair coming in and I'm not feeling it, I'll definitely dye it. Won't even think about it. Other than that, I don't think I'd do anything drastic to combat aging. I'll try the wrinkle creams to see if it works and that's about it. Forget Botox and injecting foreign material into my body. I'm going to get older and if I don't want to age, then I should just kill myself. Want to 'look' younger, take care of your body from within.

I remember whining about turning thirty, and my dad very dryly saying to me that the only alternative to aging is immediate death. Die tomorrow and you'll be remembered forever young.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Yeah, nobody wants to get old but it sure beats the hell out of the alternative. And people let themselves get old before their time by buying into stereotypes that you have to act a certain way at a certain age. Or worse, look a certain way. It's reached the point now where teens are getting cosmetic surgery. It's just absurd. For some people it can be a necessity, like drooping eyelids that might obscure vision or something. But no way am I gonna have my face tugged & pulled & injected with who knows what so other people can think I look good.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 12:56 am

Once on TV I saw this guy who was in for some kind of cosmetic operation, they showed the doctor SAWING the flesh on the side of his face open. To hell with that, I'll have the wrinkles and sags and whatever else.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 9:10 am

Age gracefully, let nature take its course.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 am

Exactly, a little gray hair and wrinkles never hurt anybody, and it never killed them, but some of those procedures might just do that, and then where are you? Meeting the same dead end earlier on because of a case of vanity.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Supernova wrote:
Meeting the same dead end earlier on because of a case of vanity.
co-signs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself   Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself Empty

Back to top Go down

Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself
Page 1 of 1