CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Primerica: scam or legit opportunity?

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Primerica: scam or legit opportunity? Empty Primerica: scam or legit opportunity?

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:31 pm

I got a call for a job interview tomorrow. The place didnt tell me that much about the business, just that they were a "marketing company". I did some google investigating and see they're connected to Primerica. I have been conned into showing up at Primerica cattle calls before. My mom once told me to never give this company the time of day and indeed the few (because its been more than once) times I have been lured into these cattle calls, the speaker ALWAYS has a former story about how destitute & at their wits end they were before they got this job and how rolling in dough they are today. Then they try to "recruit" you into a starting program that you gotta PAY like $300 to enroll in. I never take them seriously and always just leave but does anybody know anything about this company???? Am I maybe throwing about an opportunity?
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Primerica: scam or legit opportunity? Empty Re: Primerica: scam or legit opportunity?

Post by Jason B. Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:30 am

My cousin works for Primerica. It's basically an Insurance company attached to a bunch of smaller businesses and it's employees are freelance agents. You earn as much as you sell. If you're a good salesmen, then you can make a lot of money. But it's not guaranteed earnings. It's 100% commission based on what you sell.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Primerica: scam or legit opportunity? Empty Re: Primerica: scam or legit opportunity?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:38 pm

Here is a link to a forum where somone asked the same thing. Not much good was said:
    http://www.financialcrisis2009.org/forum/Insurance/I-am-looking-at-working-with-primerica-259981.htm
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Primerica likes to target resumes on random online job sites, I've dealt with them too. Be leery anytime some place offers you a "career opportunity," as opposed to a job.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:12 pm

Marc wrote:Primerica likes to target resumes on random online job sites, I've dealt with them too. Be leery anytime some place offers you a "career opportunity," as opposed to a job.

Which is why I always put "Not Interested In Primerica" on my online resumes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:23 pm