CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

No Pressure: 10:10 Commercial/Short FIlm

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

No Pressure: 10:10 Commercial/Short FIlm Empty No Pressure: 10:10 Commercial/Short FIlm

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4yr0FFhMQ

No comment from me. I just wanted to see reactions to it. Warning: Some may find this video a bit graphic. (Some may not) Just a fair warning before viewing.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

No Pressure: 10:10 Commercial/Short FIlm Empty Re: No Pressure: 10:10 Commercial/Short FIlm

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Just bumping this once.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

No Pressure: 10:10 Commercial/Short FIlm Empty Re: No Pressure: 10:10 Commercial/Short FIlm

Post by Tony Marino Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:40 pm

I thought it was pretty funny, nice use of Jello.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:35 pm

^^^^Can I ask what's funny about it? Wink
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Run of the mill PSA to me. Not sure that anybody would have a very passionate reaction to it. Most educated adults know the need for reduction in air pollution. As an adult, I find PSAs with facts more effective.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:16 pm

^^^^Does "reducing" your carbon footprint really help though? Or is it merely something to make people feel like they're doing something? Wink Something in my college book suggests that it does nothing unless you leave civilization totally behind and go to live in the woods.(Not saying I agree)

Regardless, there is quite a passionate reaction to this video. It's actually upset even many environmentalists. So it's not run of the mill PSA at all apparently. I think it's less the gore and more the "Do what WE tell you to do or we're going to kill you" message that the film seems to promote that has gotten the passionate uproar. It's definitely making some waves, and contrary to the idea that "no publicity is bad publicity," it's definitely not having the effect that I'm sure was intended.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Oh, that surprises me because I got the message that they were saying that anyone not agreeing to do their part is insignificant to those that do.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:53 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Oh, that surprises me because I got the message that they were saying that anyone not agreeing to do their part is insignificant to those that do.

I'm puzzled at how to take that away from the ad. "Insignificant" doesn't seem to correlate with blowing up disagreers, insignificant would be just letting them be and practicing what you preach.

But yeah, this is making it's rounds, and it's had quite the backlash for the environmental group who made it. Even from many other environmentalists, the reaction has been negative. It's not a skeptic-exclusive thing by any means. Most people take the "Join us of die" message from it and even those who agree with the importance of "reducing your carbon footprint" feel that this commercial validates the negative stereotypes about environmentalists. So yeah, the reaction to it has been very negative.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:33 pm

I drew that (and I may be way off base) because obviously people who are in support of the movement don't really want children in a classroom to be blown up!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:19 am

RedBedroom wrote:I drew that (and I may be way off base) because obviously people who are in support of the movement don't really want children in a classroom to be blown up!

Then why have them blow up at all? You want to be believe that "obviously" they don't want people who disagree with them blown up. But maybe THIS particular group really does feel this way, and their attempt at "comedy" merely revealed that? We can't exactly assume that there aren't people who would go to this extreme because of the environment.(The Discovery Channel Gunman proved that all sides have their extremist whackos) If the people behind this video are not suggesting that they want to kill anybody who doesn't want to join their cause, they're certainly not doing a good job at getting their point across. Unfortunately, due to the somewhat cold reaction they've given to the negative response to this video, I have to really wonder if their true intentions are really not as pure as they'd like us to believe.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:42 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

Then why have them blow up at all? You want to be believe that "obviously" they don't want people who disagree with them blown up. But maybe THIS particular group really does feel this way, and their attempt at "comedy" merely revealed that? We can't exactly assume that there aren't people who would go to this extreme because of the environment.(The Discovery Channel Gunman proved that all sides have their extremist whackos) If the people behind this video are not suggesting that they want to kill anybody who doesn't want to join their cause, they're certainly not doing a good job at getting their point across. Unfortunately, due to the somewhat cold reaction they've given to the negative response to this video, I have to really wonder if their true intentions are really not as pure as they'd like us to believe.

I did not say people. I said children in a classroom.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:07 pm