Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?

Go down 
+5
Chris
Supernova
Shale
RedBedroom
Marc™
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? Empty
PostSubject: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?   Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Should pre-married couples live together for a while before marriage, or wait until they are married to set up joint residence?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?   Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:10 pm

It depends on the couple. Most say that they like to live together first to determine compatibility. I think that is probably not really it. I think they do it because they are smitten, want to be together, and can do that and save a ton of money. So, they rush into living together. I guess it is ok if they like it. I think that young, unmarried couples that buy a home together are not thinking clearly. That is a recipe for disaster.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?   Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:24 pm

It worked for me. Lived together with Brenda for three years before we got married - and that was just because of the legal advantages given to married couples.

Jim and I lived together for five years and never had the choice to marry.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?   Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 2:50 pm

I think it might be a good idea. I don't mean just rush in and buy a new place but I do think two people who are determined to be together SHOULD live together so they can get an idea each of what the other person is like when they're not out for the night trying to impress the other and whatever, and see what each other is like at home, relaxed, their hair down, being their regular, natural selves.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?   Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Should definitely live together before. In fact, I think that when a couple starts talking about marrying, pre-engagement, they should go ahead and test the living together waters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?   Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:48 pm

Not a bad idea. Maybe spend a week or so at each others place from time to timr, seeing how well having the other there all the time jibes. If that works, then make it more permanent.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?   Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Definitely. See if you can live with their bad/quirky habits before you say 'I do'. I actually know a married couple that doesn't live together.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?   Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 10:50 pm

I think different things work for different couples, but generally I would say a couple should live together before they marry - some people may be in love but were just not meant to live together. When two people live together, all sorts of annoying habits and quarks come out from the dark, the question is can they handle it?

I used to live with a guy I dated. I adored him before I moved in and hated him by the time I moved out.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?   Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 8:19 am

I guess it's the smart move to make if you're engaged but it would take a LONG time for me to get to the point where I'd wanna live with someone all the time. Wouldn't mind if he slept over for a week at a time, but you don't live here. Let's not lose the "house guest" tag just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?   Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Couples Live Together Before Marriage Or Wait Until After?
Page 1 of 1