When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.

Go down 
+9
Impact
Shale
Alan Smithee
wants2laugh
Supernova
Nystyle709
CeCe
Forgiveness Man
Chris
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. Empty
PostSubject: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:59 am

What do you think of it when straight couples (like Brad and Angelina) say that they won't marry until marriage rights are extended to same sex couples? Do you think it's a genuine show of support, or a phony declaration?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. Empty
PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:27 am

I think it's them trying to use their own intentions for their lives for popularity. If you ain't gonna marry, why not say that it's because of same-sex marriage not being legal? They'll find another excuse later. It's a bunch of BS, as usual.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:42 am

I think it's phony most of the time. Just an excuse to not get married. Kinda like the people of any political party who claim they will leave the country if a certain politician of the other party is elected. When it happens they never do. When same sex marriage is finally legal in the entire US, these people won't get married. All talk.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:13 am

CeCe wrote:
I think it's phony most of the time. Just an excuse to not get married. Kinda like the people of any political party who claim they will leave the country if a certain politician of the other party is elected. When it happens they never do. When same sex marriage is finally legal in the entire US, these people won't get married. All talk.

Yep. Like it really matters to anyone if they decided not get married or not. Your marriage isn't going to end world hunger or some shit.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:17 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

Yep. Like it really matters to anyone if they decided not get married or not. Your marriage isn't going to end world hunger or some shit.

Seriously! LOOK! Brad & Angelina got married! Now there will be peace on earth at last! ROFLMAO!

Nobody gives a damn.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:58 am

I don't believe it because nobody is going to suffer and be anymore pursuaded to legalize gay marriage if the hetero live-in couples suddenly get married.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:15 am

yep who cares one way or the other
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 9:13 pm

CeCe wrote:
co-signs
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 1:22 am

Chris wrote:
What do you think of it when straight couples (like Brad and Angelina) say that they won't marry until marriage rights are extended to same sex couples? Do you think it's a genuine show of support, or a phony declaration?
I think they are sincere. I had the same feelings after my marriage to Brenda - altho I am not inclined to marry at this age, I would forego it in solidarity with the ppl who are denied that right.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 2:13 am

I think they just don't want to get married and are using that as an excuse. You can support marriage rights for same sex couples without martyring or hindering yourself to make a statement in the name of their struggle.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Any positive press the legalization of marriage for everyone gets is good in my opinion. If a celeb couple declares as much, it is only good press for the issue that is volumes more important than any celeb is.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:14 am

Chris wrote:
I think Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie already have about as much "popularity" as any celebrity couple can have and I don't think that it's necessary in this day and age to have to justify why you are or aren't getting married. Therefore, I don't see any logical reason why they would publically proclaim this as a phony declaration. I think it is more likely they are trying to use their position as celebs take a public stance against the discrimination of gays in our country. I don't know much about Brad Pitt as a person, but I do know a lot about Angelina Jolie, and one thing that she has always been is "sincere" about her causes. She's donated countless millions of dollars to various charities and humanitarian causes (as much as a third of her annual earnings), she's adopted kids from various poverty stricken regions and she's a UN goodwill ambassador. The point is she's not one of those stars that just sits on her ass and gets high like Charlie Sheen. She actually uses her celebrity and spends her time and money doing good shit for other people! There aren't too many stars that do that. And I really don't see this gay marraige statement as being much different.

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I think it's them trying to use their own intentions for their lives for popularity. If you ain't gonna marry, why not say that it's because of same-sex marriage not being legal? They'll find another excuse later. It's a bunch of BS, as usual.
Far be it for this knucklehead to think ANYTHING positive about someone taking a stand against gay marriage! eye roll

Shale wrote:

I had the same feelings after my marriage to Brenda - altho I am not inclined to marry at this age, I would forego it in solidarity with the ppl who are denied that right.
I don't believe you Shale. Clearly you have an agenda here. You must be trying to get popularity!
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:53 am

captainbryce wrote:

I don't believe you Shale. Clearly you have an agenda here. You must be trying to get popularity!
Ooh - Busted! d-oh!

Yeah, I use it as a pick up line in gay bars.

"I'm actually bi, but I will not marry another woman until I have a right to marry a man who may come along sooner."

(yeah, I saw the pun)
Blue Cool
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Shale wrote:

I think they are sincere. I had the same feelings after my marriage to Brenda - altho I am not inclined to marry at this age, I would forego it in solidarity with the ppl who are denied that right.

I'm a fan of Brad and Angelina, but not a fanboy. On that note, I agree. I think they are sincere. I just don't see Angelina or Brad for that matter making statements like that simply for publicity. They don't need it.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.   When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal. EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:14 am

They should just admit that they don't wanna get married.
Back to top Go down

When straight couples say they won't marry for as long as same sex marriage is illegal.
Page 1 of 1