CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

< ? > for anyone who knows about cars.

AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

< ? > for anyone who knows about cars. Empty < ? > for anyone who knows about cars.

Post by AtownPeep Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:36 am

Lately my heat has been acting up. It's taking a long time to fully warm up and it only stays warm when I'm actually driving. If I should stop for any reason (red light for example), the heat starts to get cold. Anybody know what this is? I know I'm gonna have to take it to the shop real soon.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

< ? > for anyone who knows about cars. Empty Re: < ? > for anyone who knows about cars.

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:40 am

AtownPeep wrote:Lately my heat has been acting up. It's taking a long time to fully warm up and it only stays warm when I'm actually driving. If I should stop for any reason (red light for example), the heat starts to get cold. Anybody know what this is? I know I'm gonna have to take it to the shop real soon.

I'm no expert but it sounds like similar to something that happened to me and it was the thermostat. I hope it's something fairly inexpensive.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

< ? > for anyone who knows about cars. Empty Re: < ? > for anyone who knows about cars.

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Could be a number of things. Your radiator could be cracked. You could have a leaky hose. The engine coolant in your car could be low. Heater core could be blocked. Or the thermostat could be defective. You need to take it in. It shouldn't too be expensive to fix if it's not the heater core or cracked radiator.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:52 pm

If there is nothing leaking from the car (check under it when the engine is cool) then is sounds like it could be a thermostat problem.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:54 pm