Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?

Go down 
+5
Cheaps
Chris
TSJFan4Ever
Supernova
RobbieFTW
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? Empty
PostSubject: Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?   Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:07 am

Growing up, did prefer your mom's parents or your dad's parents? I prefer my mom's parents because they were a lot more funny and fun loving. My mom's parents were from Italy and just had this old world reaction to everything that was sometimes comical. One time my cousins and me were over my grandma's house. My cousin was playing catch with one of the other kids in the neighborhood. They started arguing over score and my cousin yelled "SUCK MY DICK!" And my grandma bless her was like "no, no...sucka da penis!" LMAO!

My dads parents aren't even in America. I've seen them twice my whole life.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?   Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:32 am

I never knew a whole set, my maternal grandfather died before I was born, so I knew my grandmother's second husband, I liked him, never really knew him too well, I prefer my paternal grandmother, who has been divorced for over 50 years.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?   Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 2:42 am

as a kid, I love both sets but in the end, I was closer to my Mom's parents but that was more because they lived longer than my Dad's parents. My paternal grandpa died when I was just 9 or 10 and he was really sick - a wasting for of muscular dystrophy - so I never knew him when he was really healthy. My paternal Grandma and maternal Grandpa died the same year - when I was 17, so I had a chance to know them more. I knew my maternal grandma best of all, because I had her the longest. I don't know which was I was closest too, though. My Mom's Dad was always very special, but maybe because I clung to him more after my other grandpa died.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?   Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 7:54 am

With the exception of my mothers father, both sets of my grandparents have passed on. I preferred my paternal grandparents though. I knew them better, they were local. My mom's parents were in Canada. Also, eh, not to get into my family drama, but my maternal relatives are a bit on the racist side.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?   Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 9:31 am

last i seen my grandma on my dads side was over 20 yrs ago, and her an my grandpa had split not soon after or maybe even before i was born, id have to ask again, so not much of a relationship there.

so most def i would prefer my grandma an grandpa on my moms side.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?   Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 3:34 pm

My mothers mother. Her father died before I was born.
I was never especially close to my father....and that played into my relationship with my paternal grandparents. Every time I visited them I felt like....I was visiting. Quasi formal, slightly uncomfortable rapport. Counting down the minutes til I'd think it's been long enough and I can announce that it was time for me to leave. That sorta thing.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?   Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 7:43 pm

Neither of my parents knew their fathers. The guy that my maternal grandmother married, we call him our grandfather but I didn't really know him like that growing up and hardly ever saw him because him and my grandmother broke up long before I was born. But he does have my number and he does call me from time to time. So now it's down to my two grandmothers. Which do I prefer? My maternal grandmother passed when I was 15. My paternal grandmother is still living. I don't speak to her.....only when I'm visiting my father and I see her, but we are not close like that at all. She doesn't call me. Both of my grandmothers exhibited favortism to whichever grandchild they decided to make their favorite and me nor my little brother were ever one of them, esp from my paternal grandmother. If she passed away right now, I wouldn't even cry, as sad as it sounds. If I had to choose, I would go with my mother's mother. She was less of a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?   Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:06 pm

All my grandparents have been dead for decades but when I was a kid I enjoyed visiting my mom's mother in St. Louis (She was a great cook - what more could impress a kid?)

My dad's parents were in rural Mississippi and I enjoyed visiting my grandmother there in the summers. (Southern cooking is also great). All my extended family of cousins were there and it was just great exploring the streams and woods and old barns and other interesting things for a kid.

My grandfather in MS was a stern old product of the 19th Century who didn't much care for the different kid from the big city. But being the first grandchild gave me a special place with grandma, to the chagrin of some of my later cousins.

Now, I am a grandfather and hope my youngest grandson appreciates the travels we did together when he was a young teen.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?   Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 10:19 pm

Definitely my mother’s parents. My father’s side were never crazy about my parent’s marriage. They weren’t hostile to my brother and me but we were never close.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?   Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Set of Grandparents Did or Do You Prefer?
Page 1 of 1