How prejudiced are your grandparents? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How prejudiced are your grandparents?

Go down 
+3
Shale
Alan Smithee
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

How prejudiced are your grandparents? Empty
PostSubject: How prejudiced are your grandparents?   How prejudiced are your grandparents? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 11:01 am

How bigoted or prejudiced are/were your grandparents? My dads parents were products of their generation, but aside from passing cynicism weren't too bad. From what I can remember, there was never any real trouble between them and my mom. My moms parents are a different story; bigots to their dying day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: How prejudiced are your grandparents?   How prejudiced are your grandparents? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:47 pm

They had prejudices just as everyone else does but they weren't bigots. Nothing rubbed off on me or my brother. After my mother's father passed, my grandmother came to live with us. This was in the early 70s ("Say it loud - I'm black and proud!"). One day she refered to someone as "colored" and I gave her grief about it. Some grandparents today probably get grief for calling someone "black".
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: How prejudiced are your grandparents?   How prejudiced are your grandparents? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:33 pm

My grandparents were products of the 19th century South and were racially bigoted like the culture from which they came.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: How prejudiced are your grandparents?   How prejudiced are your grandparents? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:48 pm

My grandparents weren't/aren't bigoted at all.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: How prejudiced are your grandparents?   How prejudiced are your grandparents? EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 8:32 pm

My maternal grandfather was very racist. He never liked me because I looked too much like a Mexican. And he was very honest about that fact.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: How prejudiced are your grandparents?   How prejudiced are your grandparents? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 3:46 am

My grandparents were fairly prejudice. We had a family friend that my grandparents treated like a son. Then he got AIDS and it came out that he was gay--- my grandmother disowned him. After he died, she cried hysterically---too late lady!

My great grandparents were worse. My irish grandmother married an italian man and the family disowned her for marrying a "N-word". Thank god society evolves--- we have a looooong way to go, but we are getting better.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: How prejudiced are your grandparents?   How prejudiced are your grandparents? EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:18 am

My Mom's parents were wonderful, accepting people who taught us not to see colour or differences. My Grandpa was like a gentle giant to me when I was little - caring and accepting of everyone.

My Dad's parents faced a lot of racism while growing up and I think that reflected in how they raised their children - to be proud of who they were and to not let racism be a real part of your life. The way they were treated... they were very careful not to prejudice their children and grandchildren against those of a different ethnicity, because they knew what racism could do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How prejudiced are your grandparents?   How prejudiced are your grandparents? Empty

Back to top Go down

How prejudiced are your grandparents?
Page 1 of 1