CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Jason B.
RedBedroom
Shale
Tony Marino
Cheaps
RobbieFTW
10 posters

FckH8: Little Kids Swearing for a Good Cause.

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

FckH8: Little Kids Swearing for a Good Cause. Empty FckH8: Little Kids Swearing for a Good Cause.

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:06 am

What's your opinion of the kids in the video swearing and using offensive language to get the activist message across? Some argue it's too much but there are some who think the use of the kids is productive because it makes the statement stronger and louder.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

FckH8: Little Kids Swearing for a Good Cause. Empty Re: FckH8: Little Kids Swearing for a Good Cause.

Post by Cheaps Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:21 am

oh my,,, i couldnt watch all the way thru.. the kids cussing, yes kinda disturbed me.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

FckH8: Little Kids Swearing for a Good Cause. Empty Re: FckH8: Little Kids Swearing for a Good Cause.

Post by Tony Marino Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:46 am

They could have made their point without having the kids cursing, there were enough adults in it for that.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:43 am

I've always loved this video!

The msg is abrupt, explicit and in-ur-face. Gay kids killing themselves because of the hatred they endure is a tragedy that requires any means of getting a serious msg across.

It is a fucking myth about the "innocent" child who does not use such horrible language. Ppl want to live in a world of such myths, that kids don't understand or say FUCK, that boys only like girls and girls only like boys and Mom and Apple Pie are always good for you. Fuck that shit. Tell It Like It is.

(Disclaimer: Shale MIGHT be biased on this issue)
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:47 am

That was terrible. The video was so nicely done, less the swearing. I am sure that they could have had a better slogan than that. Some of those kids were so very young. Not cool at all.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:51 am

If you ask me, the language and the little kids swearing distracts from the real message. Instead of realizing the point they're making, I'm more noticing that a 6 year old girl just yelled out the word "fuck".
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:57 am

JB wrote:If you ask me, the language and the little kids swearing distracts from the real message. Instead of realizing the point they're making, I'm more noticing that a 6 year old girl just yelled out the word "fuck".

JB, that is an excellent point.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:47 pm

So a bunch of people yelling F-bombs is supposed to make their message stronger, not make them look like a bunch of angry people telling kids to use profane language? Okay.....
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Here's another one.

Yeah, I don't like how the kids were talking in these videos. They can be involved, but the harsh language coming from their mouths wasn't good.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:So a bunch of people yelling F-bombs is supposed to make their message stronger, not make them look like a bunch of angry people telling kids to use profane language? Okay.....
    It's called venting and it's contagious. Have to look at the whole medium not just the script. Language can convey words or it can elicit emotion. This is like a pep rally for gay kids not to kill themselves. Do pep rallys work? IDK, but they have them.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:27 pm

^^^^If it's contagious, all the more reason to act professional. Venting can also hurt a cause by spoiling an image. Little kids saying the F-bomb nonstop isn't venting though; it's an unprofessional shock stunt.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:10 pm

While I support marriage rights for gays and measures to stop bullying, I wouldn't be keen on my kids spouting a bunch of swear words to get the message across. I have to wonder who these videos are supposed to be targeting. The people who would appreciate the cheekiness of the message are the pro-gay marriage supporters themselves. If someone is against gay marriage, what do you think antagonizing them with loud, angry expletives is gonna do, make them change their opinion?

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:^^^^If it's contagious, all the more reason to act professional. Venting can also hurt a cause by spoiling an image. Little kids saying the F-bomb nonstop isn't venting though; it's an unprofessional shock stunt.
    I thot it was a rather professional shock stunt. Know your audience. The ppl who dish all the bullshit about denying gay rights can just deal with this - that is who it is addressed to, while the ppl whose rights are being advocated enjoy the frank in-your-face confrontation for a change. It is uplifting.

Did anyone else here like the movie Kick Ass? I loved the fuck out of it, especially Hit Girls lines. "Just fuckin' with ya daddy!" Of course she was 13.

Now to the word FUCK in our language. It has lost a lot of its really nasty connotation and is pretty much in everyone's street vernacular these days. Oh, not the old foggies, but most young ppl. It goes almost unnoticed in some circles anymore.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:16 pm

Professional? FORGIVENESS MAN If this is their professional, I'd love to see their unprofessional. lol Know your audience? FORGIVENESS MAN That seems to make this campaign unprofessional AND stupid. You think the people who are against gay marriage are going to roll over cause the people who made this taught a bunch of little kids to curse? Bullshit Sure, people will deal with this, which might not be good for the cause. FORGIVENESS MAN

No I didn't see Kick Ass. Razz

Yes, I hear it in the street language. I really think it's a sign of being unprofessional and is ultimately done to fake being cool. The overuse in this ad comes off as childish and it smothers any message the movie is gonna convey? In your face? The cursing is, but the message is drowned.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Impact wrote:... If someone is against gay marriage, what do you think antagonizing them with loud, angry expletives is gonna do, make them change their opinion?
    No, but who cares? They are usually religious fanatics who follow some ancient beliefs and are intractable anyhow. No one thinks they will ever change. So, have some levity with your message, bolster your own troops in the pep rally.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:26 pm

Impact wrote:While I support marriage rights for gays and measures to stop bullying, I wouldn't be keen on my kids spouting a bunch of swear words to get the message across. I have to wonder who these videos are supposed to be targeting. The people who would appreciate the cheekiness of the message are the pro-gay marriage supporters themselves. If someone is against gay marriage, what do you think antagonizing them with loud, angry expletives is gonna do, make them change their opinion?

I think the message isn't so much about changing the naysayers minds, but is instead about standing up to naysayers with a "FUCK YOU! Your 'H8' ain't gonna change MY mind about my gay pride or my support of the gay community!" It's more a statement than an askance of support.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:28 pm

^^^^They have to antagonize those who disagree to make themselves feel good? (And do it via little kids saying the F-word?) FORGIVENESS MAN Okay.....
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:42 pm

I laughed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:23 pm