CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Brokeback Mountain vs. Crash: Which Movie Should Have Got the Oscar?

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Brokeback Mountain vs. Crash: Which Movie Should Have Got the Oscar? Empty Brokeback Mountain vs. Crash: Which Movie Should Have Got the Oscar?

Post by RobbieFTW Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:06 pm

Everyone remembers the Oscar controversy in 2006 when Crash won over Brokeback for BEST PICTURE. What was your take on that? It was said that the voting academy was homophobic and I believe that they probably were. Personally I thought BBM was boring, but Crash was the worst nomination in the whole category and shouldn't have won.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Brokeback Mountain vs. Crash: Which Movie Should Have Got the Oscar? Empty Re: Brokeback Mountain vs. Crash: Which Movie Should Have Got the Oscar?

Post by Shale Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:30 am

I never saw Crash but did see Brokeback Mtn and thot it was a well made movie and beautifully fotografed. I had some probs with the overall story (written by a woman) that I don't think such a "same time next year" relationship would have happened with two guys. It would be very uncommon among the gay guys that I know.

Coincidentally, I was just doing some screen caps of Brokeback today.

Brokeback Mountain vs. Crash: Which Movie Should Have Got the Oscar? Bkbk_m10
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Brokeback Mountain vs. Crash: Which Movie Should Have Got the Oscar? Empty Re: Brokeback Mountain vs. Crash: Which Movie Should Have Got the Oscar?

Post by GrayWolf Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:49 am

Neither should have won, they were both in the BP category with Munich which I thought was the best film of the nominees.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:52 am