Sibling Rivalry Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sibling Rivalry

Go down 
+9
CatEyes10736
AtownPeep
Alden
RobbieFTW
RedBedroom
Jason B.
Marc™
Tony Marino
Chris
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 9:29 am

Do you have any brothers and sisters? If so, how many?

How well do you get along with them?

Which one of you (if you have any siblings) is your mother/fathers favorite?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 2:09 pm

I have 3 brothers and 3 sisters and I pretty much get along with most of them. We are all adults now but when we were kids, my brother and I used to fight like a dog and a cat but now we get along very well. I am a little distant from my oldest brother. My sisters could not survive without their brothers holding their hands LOL
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:06 pm

I have a 12 year old sister who has this penchant for annoying me so bad that I inadvertently stoop to acting like I'm her age in a bid to shut her up. And I'm 17 years older than she is...
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:55 pm

2 sisters and 1 brother. We're not close in age. I'm the youngest and my eldest sister (who is my dads favorite BTW) is 19 years my senior. My older brother is 16 years older than me. And my other sister is 7 years older. So yeah we all sort of do our own thing.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Only child here...and that offers up its own set of complexities as parents age, and it is all on one person's shoulders to take care of things.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:17 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
Only child here...and that offers up its own set of complexities as parents age, and it is all on one person's shoulders to take care of things.

Trust me, even with a big family it still has its problems taking care of an elderly parent. Who is busy, who is sick, who dosen't want to be bothered, who cant drive, the excuses are endless and it usually falls on the shoulders of 1 person in the family.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Tony, that is a good point.
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:53 am

Tony Marino wrote:
Trust me, even with a big family it still has its problems taking care of an elderly parent. Who is busy, who is sick, who dosen't want to be bothered, who cant drive, the excuses are endless and it usually falls on the shoulders of 1 person in the family.

Just like my mom. She has three sisters and a decade ago they all agreed to take turns caring for my aging grandma who is now 91 years old. The deal was that grandma would rotate from all of their houses either throughout the year, or every other year. 10 years ago she moved out of her house and in with my mom and she's been there ever since. Afterwards my aunts acted as if they had never made such an agreement to take joint care of my grandma and basically screwed my mom into being her primary caretaker.
Back to top Go down
Alden
…is a Newbie.
…is a Newbie.
Alden

Male
Rep : 0

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:50 pm

I have a twin sister. Since I have moved away from my home town I never see her hardly, but when I do we get along fine. Far as our parents favorites go: on the surface I'm bonded more with my dad and my sister my mom...but digging deeper, it's the opposite way around. I'm my moms unspoken favorite and she's my dads.
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Only child.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:07 pm

Robbie wrote:
Tony Marino wrote:

Just like my mom. She has three sisters and a decade ago they all agreed to take turns caring for my aging grandma who is now 91 years old. The deal was that grandma would rotate from all of their houses either throughout the year, or every other year. 10 years ago she moved out of her house and in with my mom and she's been there ever since. Afterwards my aunts acted as if they had never made such an agreement to take joint care of my grandma and basically screwed my mom into being her primary caretaker.

That sucks. They saw someone take charge and then they took the backseat. Your Mom probably should have spoken up after 1 year was up and asked who is next. If they are anything like my family, they come up with the best excuses in the world. We have an elderly father who lives alone (he wants to live alone) only me and my brother (mostly me) care for him. My other brothers and sisters are totally dysfunctional and selfish beyond reason. I had to shoulder the responsibility to get him home health care, deal with the agencies, medical boards, his finances, his groceries, clothe him, make sure he has his meds and medical supplies, not to mention the hundred times being woken in the middle of the night from hospitals that he had to be rushed to for one thing or another, it is not fun. I feel for your Mom, I really do.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:40 am

I have two brothers. One five years older, one five years younger. My older brother is my dads favorite. My younger brother is my mom's favorite. I'm no one's favorite. sad Oh well. What am I gonna have for breakfast?!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Should I claim the half-siblings too? Well, I have a brother who is five years younger me and three older half brothers. My mother decided she wanted to start all over again so I have a little sister and she's 7. Growing up, since I'm my father's only daughter, I was somewhat his favorite and my younger brother was my mother's favorite. So it was the typical thing: mama's boy and daddy's girl. I get along with my siblings pretty well and I speak to my half brothers whenever I see them, but we don't keep in touch like that...
Back to top Go down
Wadsworth
…is Significant.
…is Significant.
Wadsworth

Male
Rep : 16

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 8:44 pm

Only child here. My "siblings" are my cousins and yeah it's a few of them I'd throw under the bus for the new PS4 whenever it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:03 am

Here's an OLD post I thought I'd rekindle for the newer members.

I have two much older brothers who were more like uncles, and so no, there was no sibling rivalry. It's been agreed by many people that the second brother was Mom's favorite (he looked like her and was more of a mama's boy, I've been told). Don't think my dad had favorites, although I was his "little girl".

I have definitely known other families where siblings truly hated each other throughout their lives.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 1:35 pm

I have 2 older sisters, and one younger brother.

As of right now, If I could I would beat a lot of sense into my eldest sister and brother. They both acting a damn fool and need to get their shit straight. My other sister is cool.

Imma say I'm my mama's favorite right now big grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sibling Rivalry Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sibling Rivalry   Sibling Rivalry Empty

Back to top Go down

Sibling Rivalry
Page 1 of 1