Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?

Go down 
+8
TPP
Shale
TSJFan4Ever
CeCe
CatEyes10736
Nystyle709
Supernova
Marc™
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? Empty
PostSubject: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Years ago my mother told me that my father told her that he had had a son with some woman before they had me. Me and my father aren't tight....so he wouldn't divulge this to me. I only found out about my 1/2 sister by accident when I visited my grandparents....his parents....and she was there. I never bothered to ask him about it, so the whole thing remains vague and unconfirmed.

Do you have any half brothers or half sisters you never met? Based on your fathers (or mothers) behavior, do you think it's at all possible you might?

Last edited by Marc™ on Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:32 pm

One, a half sister. I think I've talked to her a few times before, but I've spoken more times with her daughter.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:38 pm

Nah. I know all of my half siblings. One interesting though, I only met my older half brother once. Despite eeeeeverybody else in the family meeting him and knowing him, even folks on my mother's side, I only met him once about 10 yrs ago.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 10:45 pm

I don't have any half siblings that I know about, but I wouldn't put it past my dad to have knocked up some woman and either not know it or even deliberately walking away. He married my mom and together they had 3 kids, but a "family man" he wasn't.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 11:09 pm

I do. Never met him & don't know if I ever will. To be honest I don't know if he even knows about me or not. I found out by accident many years ago. But there's nothing to go on, no location, date of birth or name for him or his bio mom. Probably one of my big life regrets.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 12:54 am

Nope and nope for me.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:04 am

Marc™ wrote:
... Based on your fathers (or mothers) behavior, do you think it's at all possible you might?
My dad was a philanderer. My mom caught him balling a woman in our apartment bldg before they got divorced. So, it's very likely some woman somewhere got preggers by him back when abortions weren't a likely option. I do have a half-sister that I've lost contact with - don't even know what her last name might be.
Back to top Go down
TPP
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
TPP

Female
Rep : 69

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:37 am

Yep...I have 2 that I know of but haven't met, one that I've met once who is a year and a half older than my daughter, and one that was born a few months after my three year old.

They live far away and after I got attached to his 4th serial family and then heard all about how his wife cheated on him and watching him do the same thing to my half sister that he did to me I gave up on keeping up with him and his family.

I would not be surprised at ALL to hear that he had a bunch more kids though, that guy will sleep with anyone who gives him a little attention...The last one is a lady whose visa from Ecuador was expiring, he dated her for a couple months and suddenly she had this miracle pregnancy in spite of being infertile, it was really just amazing yeah right
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 1:47 am

I wouldn't think so. My dad was briefly married to another woman before he met my mom; his first wife had a miscarriage, which was one of the factors that contributed to their breakup. That's the closest I have to a half-sibling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:28 am

I wouldn't put it past my old man but to my knowledge, there aren't others that I don't know about.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 2:50 pm

Quote :
... Based on your fathers (or mothers) behavior, do you think it's at all possible you might?

In most of my adulthood, I have often thought that there was a good chance I have one somewhere, since Dad wasn't faithful to Mom. The girl he had on the side for a long time during my youth, died of lung cancer, so if there was one with her, then I would have known about that. But who knows how many he had before she was on the scene.

My friend, who is almost 40, and whose parents have been divorced since she was a child has been told by her mother that her father has a son from before they were married. Yet, the father denies it. So, she will never know for sure. That is hard for her.

Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:15 pm

Supposedly according to my father I have a 1/2 younger brother. I sincerely doubt I will ever meet him.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 3:57 pm

RedBedroom wrote:

My friend, who is almost 40, and whose parents have been divorced since she was a child has been told by her mother that her father has a son from before they were married. Yet, the father denies it. So, she will never know for sure. That is hard for her.

I feel for her. It's so difficult knowing & being completely helpless to do anything at the same time. All these years later & I still feel like I should be setting an extra place at the table, especially around the holidays. Calling him and raising hell because he's late. lol

I don't think people stop to think about how their lies & secrets hurt someone.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:06 pm

CeCe, I just re-read your post from yesterday. Your situation is very much like my friend's. I am so sorry for you and that you have nothing to go on as far as locating him. I can only imagine the hurt when you have a desire to know more, especially around the holidays.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:10 pm

RedBedroom wrote:
CeCe, I just re-read your post from yesterday. Your situation is very much like my friend's. I am so sorry for you and that you have nothing to go on as far as locating him. I can only imagine the hurt when you have a desire to know more, especially around the holidays.

It is very difficult because I would have loved to have a relationship with him. So I understand exactly how she feels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?   Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have Any 1/2 Sibling(s) You've Never Met?
Page 1 of 1