Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?

Go down 
+7
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Hyacinth Girl
TSJFan4Ever
Supernova
RedBedroom
Marc™
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? Empty
PostSubject: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:11 am

Do you think parents should (if possible) have at least two kids so that their first born can have a sibling?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:12 am

No. We are not born with the right to have a sibling, no matter how nice it would be.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:23 am

I definitely think every kid should have one...if nothing else, so that they always have one friend for sure, and also to make sure that the parents don't go overboard in spoiling the one kid because they do only have one, which has often been the case from what my family's seen.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:25 am

But there is not a guarentee that siblings will be friends...a playmate in youth is one thing, but "friends" quite another.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:28 am

I think it's wonderful if children can grow up with a sibling, but it's not a right. When the importance of having a sibling really hit me was when I watched my Mom and aunts after my Grandpa died. They drew strength from each other and I remember thinking how lonely it would be to grow through that alone, even if you had a spouse and children and friends.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:30 am

Ya, as an only child, the only time I missed a sibling (less missing a built in playmate) I missed having someone there when Mom was passing away and everything that came after that.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:36 am

I know that as much as my brother and I fought while we were growing up, we were also best friends other times. Now that we're adults, we share a special bond. I know that I want several kids. I hope to adopt but I'd also like 1 or 2 of my own.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:32 am

I think you have to make the most of whatever situation you're in, regardless of whether or not you have siblings. I grew up in a mixed family with a step brother and step sister, and at times I was an only child depending on if one of them was living with us at the time, or neither. We've recently bonded as adults after working through the dysfunction of our childhoods, so things worked out well in the end, but the three of us did not get along and hated each other as kids--mostly due to all the parents pitting us against each other in various divorce situations.

Sometimes, too, having a sibling is just not a smart option for other reasons such as healthcare issues, as in the case of my own daughter who is an only child. She was born with a genetic form of cancer that affects the eyes, and as a result is blind in one eye from that. Now, almost 16, she has epilepsy on top of that, and for me to have had another child would've meant a 50% chance of that child having the same cancer. My husband and I decided that as much as we'd like to have another, we couldn't knowingly bring a person into the world who might have a serious illness, so that decision was sort of made for us.

My daughter hasn't suffered, though, for lack of a sibling--she has plenty of friends to fill that void and cherishes her alone time when it happens.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:34 am

I think siblings are one of the best gifts a parent can give to their child. IMO, the only excuse for not having a siblings is infertility of some kind. I don't believe parents need to go to extreme measures to get pregnant again or that they have to adopt or anything. But hey, I'm also not one to interfere with nature to make sure no siblings come either.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 11:26 am

It would be nice not to grow up alone and to have someone when the parents are gone.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:40 pm

It's nice for a child to have a sibling, but I don't know how comfortable I am with the word 'should.' When my daughter was small, there were outsiders (friends, extended relatives) who regularly made remarks about how she needed a little brother or sister to play with, and it felt very patronizing and intrusive to me. It ultimately happened, but she'll be fourteen before her baby brother/sister is born, so I don't foresee much playing happening.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
It would be nice not to grow up alone and to have someone when the parents are gone.

Yeah. I wouldn't be so quick to say they SHOULD though. I know if I have one child, I'll most likely have another. Unless the first one is just a demon child.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:18 pm

No, I don't think parents should have more than one child unless it's what they want to do. I'm an only child and I was brought up just fine and rarely wanted for another sibling. I never felt I was lacking anything in my childhood.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? EmptyTue May 24, 2011 5:05 am

co-signs against "Should".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?   Should Every Kid Have a Sibling? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Every Kid Have a Sibling?
Page 1 of 1