CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Supernova
7 posters

Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve?

Poll

Did you watch the ball drop at midnight on New Year's Eve this year?

[ 3 ]
    Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve? Bar_left50%Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve? Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve? Bar_left50%Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve? Bar_right [50%] 

Total Votes: 6
    Poll closed
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve? Empty Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve?

Post by Supernova Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:51 am

For some reason it seems to be a big tradition, watch the coverage in new York and see the ball drop at midnight, it doesn't interest me, it's not like they're setting off 50 tons of fireworks to watch, it's just a lighted ball.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve? Empty Re: Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:18 pm

We usually tune in to ABC (Dick Clark!) about 10-15 minutes before midnight to watch. Just to make it offical.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve? Empty Re: Did you watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:37 pm

^^^^Our ABC is gone so we settled for NBC. Razz
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:27 pm

I did, but this year it was just a big meh for me.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Supernova wrote:For some reason it seems to be a big tradition, watch the coverage in new York and see the ball drop at midnight, it doesn't interest me, it's not like they're setting off 50 tons of fireworks to watch, it's just a lighted ball.

Its more than a lighted ball when you see it in person, it glows like the moon and sparkles like it has 5 million diamonds on it. Takes your breath away especially when you are sharing it in an environment with a million other people. You can feel the surge building in you second by second until the final seconds when the glittering ball starts the descent, your heart starts beating fast and then it all explodes like a massive burst of energy as the crowd goes absolutely wild!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 am

Tony Marino wrote:
    Supernova wrote:For some reason it seems to be a big tradition, watch the coverage in new York and see the ball drop at midnight, it doesn't interest me, it's not like they're setting off 50 tons of fireworks to watch, it's just a lighted ball.

Its more than a lighted ball when you see it in person, it glows like the moon and sparkles like it has 5 million diamonds on it. Takes your breath away especially when you are sharing it in an environment with a million other people. You can feel the surge building in you second by second until the final seconds when the glittering ball starts the descent, your heart starts beating fast and then it all explodes like a massive burst of energy as the crowd goes absolutely wild!

Yep, what he said. I always watch the ball drop. Even though I have no desire to see it in person again anytime soon, I'm still in Times Square on NYE.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:39 pm

On New Year's Eve, I was in bed at 10:30. I have no desire to watch a giant ball drop and I have no desire to see the crowds go "Oooh, here comes the giant ball!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:27 pm