Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?

Go down 
+3
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
Chris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? Empty
PostSubject: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:59 am

Most minority groups vote overwhelmingly Democrat, but there are a few who are registered Republicans. The running theme is that Republicans don't consider anyone who isn't at least moderately well off, God-fearing and white their constituency. Do you agree with that premise, and is anyone who doesn't fit this description misguided to support the Republican party–in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:41 am

Kinda, sorta, yes and no. Honestly, I can see black folks appealing to some of ideologies of the Republican party without compromising their blackness (hell, there are things that they are in support of that I agree with) but the fact of the matter, and the sad part is, most of the black Republicans you see are Uncle Toms. At least the ones that are placed in the media. Larry Elder, Michael Steele, Alan Keyes and the grand puba of them all....Clarence Thomas......are a disgrace. The only Republican that I do respect and can tow the line is Colin Powell. Basicially, if your ass ain't Oprah.....you don't need to be voting for a Republican. They are not the party for the average person.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:52 am

Indeed. Sad to say, but in 2004, a number of religious black folks (who normally would vote democrat) voted for Bush over Kerry. Why? The gay marriage debate was a huge campaign issue in that election (and that year Republicans targeted black Baptist churches with it to get more votes.) I recall driving to work, listening to Russ Parr the day after Bush won his second term; on the show they read a letter from someone who said that even though they were economically struggling in a Republican economy, the ideals of their faith was more important to them than anything else, and so they voted for Bush; not trusting Kerry's politics to be 'moral' enough. I was quasi-disgusted. Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:29 am

I think they have even less reason to vote Democrat. Always saw Democrats as more of a "talk the talk" in regards to minorities. Also never saw Republicans as anywhere near as racist as the left makes them sound. Sure there may be examples but I've never really found it to be anything more than empty campaign hogwash.

So I'd say minorities have plenty of reason to vote Republican. But that's speaking in terms of reality, which is never a factor in political campaigning.
Back to top Go down
MandyPerfumeGirl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
MandyPerfumeGirl

Female
Rep : 26

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Chris wrote:
Most minority groups vote overwhelmingly Democrat, but there are a few who are registered Republicans. The running theme is that Republicans don't consider anyone who isn't at least moderately well off, God-fearing and white their constituency. Do you agree with that premise, and is anyone who doesn't fit this description misguided to support the Republican party–in your opinion?

I would generally agree with that premise of Republicans, yes. I'm sure there are a few good monkeys in the Republican party, but I haven't come across any. I've never understood why people in minorities would choose to be a Republican. It's like they're siding with the people who discriminate against them. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:58 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
Chris wrote:

I would generally agree with that premise of Republicans, yes. I'm sure there are a few good monkeys in the Republican party, but I haven't come across any. I've never understood why people in minorities would choose to be a Republican. It's like they're siding with the people who discriminate against them. Just my opinion.

+1
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:37 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
Which is ironically my exact opinion about minorities and Democrats. Wink Ironic eh?
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 6:47 pm

I don't trust every democrat, but I don't trust any republican. Though demographically I'm not a minority, I don't understand how anyone who is would consider voting one into office. They frankly don't give a shit about you, and won't consider your well being in any of their platform issues.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:04 pm

Chris wrote:
I agree that the running theme of the Republican party is just as you described it, however, I don't necessarily think that a minority would be misguided to support it. People often do what they find is in their own personal best interests. There are a few very affluent minorities with political asperations that override their sense of solidarity with their community. A conservative, Christian, black family that makes over $250k a year and lives in the rural midwest for instance might be more inclined to vote republican than democrat because that is the party that would suit their own interests moreso than the rest of the black community at large. Such a family might be willing to put aside any moral considerations of say not supporting civil rights or religious freedom in order to benefit from lesser taxes and to achive more business or political power. In addition, while the Republican party might not necessarily be the party of "equality", the majority of republican politicians would be willing to put aside any prejudices to accept a "minority" representative that could bolster the party's image and entice more of the minority vote. In short, a minority that votes republican could be a marriage of convenience that benefits both the party and the individual. It would however be misguided for any minority that is not so privileged to vote republican because in most cases it wouldn't benefit them in any way. But I wouldn't presume that ALL minorities are necessarily from the same demographic or "tax bracket".
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:16 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
I think they have even less reason to vote Democrat. Always saw Democrats as more of a "talk the talk" in regards to minorities.
And yet the issues concerning civil rights (including gay rights, women's rights and muslim rights) are usually championed only by democrats while the biggest obstacles to these are people in the republican party. Weird huh!

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
Also never saw Republicans as anywhere near as racist as the left makes them sound. Sure there may be examples but I've never really found it to be anything more than empty campaign hogwash.
Every heard of Rush Limbaugh? How about Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly. While I'm sure you only consider these guys to be "news" personalities or political columnists, they are among the most influential republicans in the party and are even described as "leaders" of the republican party. Coincedentally, they also happen to be among the most racist people you'll see given their own programming over the airwaves! The only difference between them and the Al Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons of the left (which the right insists are racist), is that THEY never actually DO anything in politics except talk about it! Great republican "leaders" you guys got there! eye roll

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
So I'd say minorities have plenty of reason to vote Republican. But that's speaking in terms of reality, which is never a factor in political campaigning.
The "reality" is, that unless you think most minorities are completely stupid and ignorant (which I dare you to say without sounding like a racist yourself), there are specific reasons why most minorities wouldn't in their right mind ever vote republican. The only people who I ever hear suggest that minorities should vote republican are white conservatives. Irony?
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:53 pm

Impact wrote:
I don't trust every democrat, but I don't trust any republican. Though demographically I'm not a minority, I don't understand how anyone who is would consider voting one into office. They frankly don't give a shit about you, and won't consider your well being in any of their platform issues.

Welcome to the Republican's issues with Democrats. big grin Amazing how Democrats' reasons for hating Republicans are the same reasons Republicans don't wanna let a Democrat into office. cool
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 10:48 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
Welcome to the Republican's issues with Democrats. big grin Amazing how Democrats' reasons for hating Republicans are the same reasons Republicans don't wanna let a Democrat into office. cool
And yet, the vast majority of "minorities" make a conscious choice to vote democrat over republican. What does that tell you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?   Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do 'minorities' have any reason to vote Republican?
Page 1 of 1