CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
TPP
RedBedroom
Shale
CeCe
RobbieFTW
Chris
10 posters

Have you ever angrily quit a job?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever angrily quit a job? Empty Have you ever angrily quit a job?

Post by Chris Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:43 am

Have you ever had a job that you disliked so (because of the management, or the job itself) that one day you just went off and abruptly walked out?
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Have you ever angrily quit a job? Empty Re: Have you ever angrily quit a job?

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:21 am

I dont know how "angry" I acted but when I was 18 I worked at FYE which paid next to nothing. I disliked a few of my coworkers and supervisors. They used to get this promo CD of new music from the head office that we played overhead and on a regular basis we employees would skip over tracks we didnt wanna hear. This one time something played I didnt wanna hear and I walked over to the stereo and skipped to the next song. The supervisor bitch I guess wanted to hear the song and snapped at me for touching the radio. Remember what I said about the job paying next to nothing??? I wasnt gonna put up with a tone like that from a job that only paid me enough to buy gas to drive there. I walked to the back and grabbed my coat. When I passed by the counter where she was standing I handed her my name badge and walked out.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:21 am

Yeah I've had that "you don't pay me enough to put up with this shit" moment. Working in a store-those people can never be satisfied.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:25 am

RobbieFTW wrote:...When I passed by the counter where she was standing I handed her my name badge and walked out.
    Felt good didn't it?

I have been so pissed at one job, where I was stuck caring for crazy kids that I called the sup. When he came I handed him my keys and left (so I wouldn't be arrested for abandonment). He later begged me back to work.

My partner Jim and I did the same at a Hoagy/Pizza joint in Pittsburgh, where the boss begged us back to work after we left one evening. I guess it is like collective bargaining, where you force them to admit that you are necessary at your job.

One executive director once came into my work area and started micromanaging; rearranging all my work and telling me how to do my job. I guess he thot since it was his company he had a right to do that. He never counted on my free spirit telling him to take his job and shove it. I left that moment. Went up to HR and turned in a handwritten resignation letter, got my stuff outta my desk and never looked back. The ED had to finish the day working my area which apparently he wanted to do.

He tried to convince me of my irrational decision but I left him to do my work. Surprisingly, this guy has such a bad rep in the business that it was a plus to say you walked out on him on your resume.

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:34 pm

Shale wrote:
    RobbieFTW wrote:...When I passed by the counter where she was standing I handed her my name badge and walked out.
    Felt good didn't it?

I have been so pissed at one job, where I was stuck caring for crazy kids that I called the sup. When he came I handed him my keys and left (so I wouldn't be arrested for abandonment). He later begged me back to work.

My partner Jim and I did the same at a Hoagy/Pizza joint in Pittsburgh, where the boss begged us back to work after we left one evening. I guess it is like collective bargaining, where you force them to admit that you are necessary at your job.

One executive director once came into my work area and started micromanaging; rearranging all my work and telling me how to do my job. I guess he thot since it was his company he had a right to do that. He never counted on my free spirit telling him to take his job and shove it. I left that moment. Went up to HR and turned in a handwritten resignation letter, got my stuff outta my desk and never looked back. The ED had to finish the day working my area which apparently he wanted to do.

He tried to convince me of my irrational decision but I left him to do my work. Surprisingly, this guy has such a bad rep in the business that it was a plus to say you walked out on him on your resume.

Felt great! When I got home my mom tried to make me feel bad for quitting and reminded me of my phone bill and all that jazz, but I didn't care. Even at 18 I knew a $7/hr job wasn't worth hating. If I'm only gonna make that little then I better love it and everybody there.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:58 pm

I did quit a job abruptly, but only via phone after I got home.

When I first moved to my city at 18, I got a job at a private nursing care home. After a month, the home I was at had too low of a resident count for the manager to have a housekeeper (me). So, I was moved to another place. It was larger, and I had to get it all done in the same amount of time, which was not too bad, but the manager there made me do all the cooking and everything associated with the resident's lunch, which was not in my job description. She would smoke in the kitchen and watch me. It was awful. I quit on Friday after being there a week.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:06 pm

I worked at a deli when I was 18, for a week. I should have been wary before I got hired because the woman who owned it said "you look so young and cute, I'm going to feel bad yelling at you."

And yell she did...All the time. On the day before I quit I cut my finger on the meat slicer and I should have gotten stitches, but she told me I shouldn't go to the ER because blah blah blah...

The next day she was yelling at me in front of a bunch of customers and I couldn't take it any more...I yelled back "You can not speak to me this way, I am not your child!" because she totally treated me like she was a verbally abusive parent...Then she was like "Go mop the bathroom, NOW!" so I did and when I was done I came out, shaking, and said "I don't think I can work here any more..." and she said "Oh I know you cant."

And that was that.

Then I started temping and worked at a different place, and this girl who worked with me there had worked at the same deli, and had for a while before quitting for good, but she said that she would quit all the time because the boss was such a bitch, and then the bosses husband would call her every time and beg her to come back so she would...

She was so awful. I HATE confrontation and I just couldn't take it any more! I totally became prejudiced against Asian women thinking they were all bitches for a little while I'm ashamed to admit. It was the kick in the ass that I needed though and I started dental assistant school right after that, and met a very nice Asian woman who showed me that I was misguided.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:37 pm

No, I've never quit a job in anger. I did quit one job to save someone else's life, but I wasn't angry. Just homicidal.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:16 pm

No, but I've angrily not gone in. I just really wasn't feeling the gig anyway, didn't like the manager and was tired of him and this other chick trying to talk to me. I was supposed to be at work at 5 pm.....right after I got out of class. I was like fuck it and went to my boyfriend's house instead.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:36 am

Yes. I once worked as a receptionist for this auto body shop and hated every second of the job, because of how huge a jerk the owner was. He was so arrogant and liked to bark and belittle the employees in front of each other and customers. Everyone hated him. It was my job to open the shop every morning at 8am and I had keys. He would sometimes call at exactly 8am just to make sure the place was open. One morning, I was five minutes late. There were no customers waiting. I got there, got everything set up like I was supposed to and everything was fine. At around 8:30, I get a call from him screaming into the phone about how when he called at 8, no one answered the phone, how it was unacceptable and that I had better get my act together or I'd be out of a job. After his rant, he crudely hung up on me and I sat there literally in tears, feverish and with my heart beating out of control. Three minutes I called him back and told him to come and answer his own damn phones. Left the key on the counter and walked out.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Chris wrote:Have you ever had a job that you disliked so (because of the management, or the job itself) that one day you just went off and abruptly walked out?

Yes, I remember one job made me so angry that, five minutes after I got there during my shift, I quit and never came back. I've also had my ass kicked out many times for mouthing off at my bosses. I've made quite a few good exits. :biggrin:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:28 am