CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Selling on eBay

CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Selling on eBay Empty Selling on eBay

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:47 pm

So I was thinking of selling some stuff on eBay since I am not having luck at Craigslist and it's too cold to have a yard sale. I was wondering if anyone here does that (selling things on eBay) and had any luck?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Selling on eBay Empty Re: Selling on eBay

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:54 pm

It was hit and miss when I ventured to do it a few years ago. Of course it depends on what you have for sale, but I had little luck...then there was the bother of having to package and ship, it was hardly worth my time. It seems like small sellers these days inflate shipping so much so that they profit off of that, then don't care if the item itself goes for less than it is worth. My advice would be to look up items similar to what you want to sell to see what the starting bids and shipping are compared to how many bids they have.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 pm

RedBedroom wrote:It was hit and miss when I ventured to do it a few years ago. Of course it depends on what you have for sale, but I had little luck...then there was the bother of having to package and ship, it was hardly worth my time. It seems like small sellers these days inflate shipping so much so that they profit off of that, then don't care if the item itself goes for less than it is worth. My advice would be to look up items similar to what you want to sell to see what the starting bids and shipping are compared to how many bids they have.

Thanks Red, unfortunately you're telling me what I kind of expected. I've never been impressed by eBay. Ah well.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:42 am

Yeah, and Craigs List sucks too! The logistics of getting people to commit to a time drives me mad...even when I give shit away. Right now, I have several items I would like to sell on CL, but just can't bring myself to post, as I know it will mostly be a huge waste of time. I buy and sell new Cricut Cartridges (a scrapbooking thing) and resell on CL, and even that is getting to be too much, so once what I have is gone, that's it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:53 pm