CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Marc™
Shale
CeCe
Tony Marino
Chris
9 posters

Should "In God We Trust" be removed from American currency?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should "In God We Trust" be removed from American currency? Empty Should "In God We Trust" be removed from American currency?

Post by Chris Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:30 am

Should "In God We Trust" be removed from American currency? InGodWeTrust
    Should "In God We Trust" be removed from American currency? In-god-we-trust

Do you think the "In God We Trust" line should be removed from coins and bills, or should it always remain?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Should "In God We Trust" be removed from American currency? Empty Re: Should "In God We Trust" be removed from American currency?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 am

No.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Should "In God We Trust" be removed from American currency? Empty Re: Should "In God We Trust" be removed from American currency?

Post by CeCe Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:29 pm

Don't see a reason for it, so no.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:40 pm

Chris wrote:
    Do you think the "In God We Trust" line should be removed from coins and bills, or should it always remain?
    Yes, it should removed from the currency of a supposed secular nation, which by its own constitution is forbidden from establishing a state religion.

Not all citizens of the United States believe there is a god, much less would trust one so sadistic and arbitrary as the major religions believe.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:08 pm

I never really pondered it that deeply....but don't see what having it there hurts.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:49 pm

Marc™ wrote:I never really pondered it that deeply....but don't see what having it there hurts.
    It only hurts ppl who don't believe in a god. It presumes that their beliefs are invalid and not American. It is insulting to those ppl and it makes our notion of being a secular nation a lie.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:56 pm

Hell No!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:46 pm

No. For what?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:No. For what?
    Not all citizens of the United States believe there is a god. It presumes that their beliefs are invalid and not American. It is insulting to those ppl and it makes our notion of being a secular nation a lie.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:25 pm

As an agnostic, I've never been offended or harmed by having those words on our currency. Shit, the U.S. House of Representatives has a chaplain. I laugh at the hypocrisy.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Shale wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:No. For what?
    Not all citizens of the United States believe there is a god. It presumes that their beliefs are invalid and not American. It is insulting to those ppl and it makes our notion of being a secular nation a lie.

I bet having those words on there isn't stopping you from collecting it or spending it huh? This is petty. America gives you the freedom to think what you want and practice whatever religion you want, but Atheists in this country are barely a fraction of what Christians are. Removing those tiny ass words on a piece of paper or metal to satisfy a small group of Americans is unnecessary. Perhaps they shouldn't have put it on there in the first place, but oh well. It's paper. Unless it's stopping you from excercising or violating your rights as a man and a human being, what difference does it make?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:16 pm

Nystyle709 wrote: I bet having those words on there isn't stopping you from collecting it or spending it huh? This is petty.

I give to Caesar what is Caesar's. I'm surprised more faithful aren't offended by putting their god on Caesar's lucre.

Nystyle709 wrote: America gives you the freedom to think what you want and practice whatever religion you want, but Atheists in this country are barely a fraction of what Christians are. Removing those tiny ass words on a piece of paper or metal to satisfy a small group of Americans is unnecessary.

I am a veteran. America did not give my freedom, I was part of protecting it. Besides, if you want to get into fractions, black ppl are only about 13% of the population in America.

Nystyle709 wrote:Perhaps they shouldn't have put it on there in the first place, but oh well. It's paper. Unless it's stopping you from excercising or violating your rights as a man and a human being, what difference does it make?
    I already told you (several times) what difference it makes. It is the difference in not insulting a part (even a small part) of the population by proclaiming that this is a nation that unilaterally believes and trusts in a god, when that is not the case.

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:43 am

IMO, it should have never been put on currency to begin with.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 4:50 am