CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Cheaps
Nystyle709
Alan Smithee
Nhaiyel
Supernova
Shale
RedBedroom
Chris
12 posters

How do you deal with people who you don't like?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

How do you deal with people who you don't like? Empty How do you deal with people who you don't like?

Post by Chris Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:41 pm

When there is someone in your orbit who you (for whatever reason) dislike, how do you generally deal with it? Do you try to avoid contact with them as much as possible, or do you stand your ground and remain on the defensive; ready for a confrontation?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

How do you deal with people who you don't like? Empty Re: How do you deal with people who you don't like?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:44 pm

I try to avoid them and try to stay quiet in their presence.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

How do you deal with people who you don't like? Empty Re: How do you deal with people who you don't like?

Post by Shale Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:54 pm

In my orbit, such as at work, you can only avoid someone so much. If they know my dislike for them we can usually stay out of each others' way as much as possible and the proscribed non-friendly civility when we must be together.

If it's social I just don't hang with them and may even avoid a function where I know they will be. Mutual friends would be aware and not invite us both to the same event.

Either that or bash them in the head with a concrete block.
    evil grin
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:16 pm

I avoid them as much as possible.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:14 pm

They tend to be a non issue for me. If I don't like someone, then I speak to them only when I need to, and when I don't, I don't.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:18 pm

Chris wrote:When there is someone in your orbit who you (for whatever reason) dislike, how do you generally deal with it? Do you try to avoid contact with them as much as possible, or do you stand your ground and remain on the defensive; ready for a confrontation?

I've been lucky enough that I haven't had that problem very often ('cause everybody loves me ROFLMAO! ) but on those rare occasions, the person has been so insignificant that it’s been no problem to ignore them.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:21 pm

Pick a fight so I can whip their ass for the satisfaction.

Nah. I just ignore them. If it's someone I don't have to converse with on any regular basis, then I won't.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:51 pm

i avoid them.. pay them no mind
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:09 am

I avoid them...Unless they are spouting misinformation about something that I feel passionate about and then I say something...That hardly ever happens though.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:59 am

RedBedroom wrote:I try to avoid them and try to stay quiet in their presence.

That's what I do, too.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:49 pm

I avoid them if I can. But if they come up to me and start pressing my buttons, then I really see red and say something derogatory to them.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:48 pm

I tend to ignore them as best I can.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:55 am