CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

When the 'I Love You' isn't mutual

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

When the 'I Love You' isn't mutual Empty When the 'I Love You' isn't mutual

Post by Chris Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:29 am

Can a relationship survive one person saying 'I love you,' despite the other person not feeling the same way? Not to dig too deeply into your business (unless you'd like to share Razz), but has this ever happened to you? Where your partner (or you) volunteered an ILY, while you (or your partner) just wasn't at that point yet?
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

When the 'I Love You' isn't mutual Empty Re: When the 'I Love You' isn't mutual

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:59 pm

I've been in three relationships were there were "I love you's". One guy said it way too early on. I can't remember what I felt, but I knew I didn't love him. I told him I loved him too, so I wouldn't hurt his feelings, but I didn't truly feel love. The other two men I was in love with, so it wasn't a problem. To answer your first question, I think a relationship can survive an "I love you" unreturned, although not for long. One thing for sure though, I never, ever have been or will be the first to say it. Never.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:31 pm

I've never said it first either (that's a lie, I did once); but in my latest experience, my girlfriend was very sneaky with it. She 'jokingly' said I Love You first, then I 'jokingly' said it back. After that the ice was broken.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:00 am

I think it depends. Feelings can develop later, but if things don't change, it's very hard to be in a one-sided relationship.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:38 pm

bump
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:15 pm

No, no and no.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:45 pm

well... someone has to be first... it is easiest to say "thank you" if the feelings are not reciprocated. In time tho, you either have to say/feel it or leave... relationships can't survive without true feelings

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 8:27 am