CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
wants2laugh
Alan Smithee
Kral
7 posters

Did you ever feel bad after telling someone that's interested in you that it's not mutual?

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Did you ever feel bad after telling someone that's interested in you that it's not mutual? Empty Did you ever feel bad after telling someone that's interested in you that it's not mutual?

Post by Kral Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:24 am

A few days ago I was cordially asked out by this nice guy who I work with who I'm not at all attracted to. Lucky for me I had a save because I'm currently seeing someone and was able to use that to say no, but even if I weren't already involved I wouldn't have been interested. But he's so sweet and harmless that I still felt bad for rejecting him and probably would have felt worse doing it if I weren't seeing someone and had to come up with another excuse to say no.

When you're approached by someone you're not mutually attracted to, are you honest in turning them down ("you're not my type") or do you try and come up with a plausible sounding excuse that seems like it wouldn't hurt their feelings as much? Have you ever felt bad for rejecting someone?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Did you ever feel bad after telling someone that's interested in you that it's not mutual? Empty Re: Did you ever feel bad after telling someone that's interested in you that it's not mutual?

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:23 am

LOL, it was more likely that I was the one being let down easy but once I was the one who had to let someone else down. She was very nice but I didn't feel any connection and told her so in as nice a way as I could. We were able to stay friendly.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Did you ever feel bad after telling someone that's interested in you that it's not mutual? Empty Re: Did you ever feel bad after telling someone that's interested in you that it's not mutual?

Post by wants2laugh Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:03 am

i have a guy at work who asks me out constantly. he knows i was with another coworker for years ... it ended badly. so i tell him that i wont do anyboy in work again.

sometimes i feel bad. but its just a part of life
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:11 am

It's just a part of life and I have been interested in ppl who had to let me down because they were not interested in me.

And, I have actually had admirers who approached me that I felt no attraction to. Of course, being a slut you have sex with them one time anyhow and that complicates things.
    blank stare @ you
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:10 pm

The latter and no.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:48 am

I always felt bad when telling someone I just wasn't interested. It's sad. However, for one of the guys who was terribly and awkwardly persistent, it worked out for him. I finally said, "yes" and our son is 13.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:46 pm

I feel bad but its better to be honest up front.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:30 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I always felt bad when telling someone I just wasn't interested. It's sad. However, for one of the guys who was terribly and awkwardly persistent, it worked out for him. I finally said, "yes" and our son is 13.

Does he get along with Jay?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:34 am